corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Canon EOS450d - any good?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Canon EOS450d - any good?
jrsteeve

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take a lot of photos as part of my job (letting agent) but whilst my Panasonic FX35 is nice and compact i'd like something a bit more professional as i really do enjoy photography. I might be missing out a shit load of features on the Panasonic but I'd like something with a much wider lens and options for night time scenes etc.

Noticed the 450d around and seen a couple for 200ish on ebay, what are people's opinions on these, are there any others I should look out for?

John

2nd Sep 09 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good cameras, I'd be surprised if you get one for 200 though, the 350d's are going for that.
jrsteeve

2nd Sep 09 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a couple are refurbished - doesn't bother me particularly as have had other refurb'd stuff and been fine.

Another couple are just used. Need to do some more research into what the actual differences are and whether it'd be any benefit to me.
Doug

2nd Sep 09 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would want a Sigma 10-20 lens to go with it for the wide angle stuff
jrsteeve

2nd Sep 09 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
Would want a Sigma 10-20 lens to go with it for the wide angle stuff

Ta, its the wide angle that i want most. Current thing has a 25mm lens which is ok but not quite good enough for decent shots. Will have a look out for a 10mm
AndyKent

3rd Sep 09 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be very careful when taking shots with a wide angle lens for an estate agent. You can be prosecuted for displaying images of a property with a wide angle lens as it could be deliberately misleading (ie. make a room look much bigger than it actually is).
I think there is some rule that says you can't take a shot at less than (iirc) 18mm full frame. The 25mm on your current digi-cam won't be the 'proper' 25mm as I suspect it'll have a cropped sensor.
Scotty_B

3rd Sep 09 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Andy, 18mm on a FF would be 12mm on a crop sensor.
jrsteeve

3rd Sep 09 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Be very careful when taking shots with a wide angle lens for an estate agent. You can be prosecuted for displaying images of a property with a wide angle lens as it could be deliberately misleading (ie. make a room look much bigger than it actually is).
I think there is some rule that says you can't take a shot at less than (iirc) 18mm full frame. The 25mm on your current digi-cam won't be the 'proper' 25mm as I suspect it'll have a cropped sensor.

ooh i'll have a look into the rules. I'm not wanting the full on fish eye look as they do look rather suspect, its more for external shots and scenery for the marketing materials that anything sub 18mm would probably be used.
AndyKent

3rd Sep 09 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right, marketing is fine I think, just where you are specifically linking a (very) wide angle shot to a particular property which could be misleading.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Canon EOS450d - any good? 23 database queries in 0.0117152 seconds