corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Amateur Football Thread

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Amateur Football Thread
stuartmitchell

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 09 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Team,

How are we all getting on in the season so far? Thought it would be good to start a thread and see how the season progresses.

Any other team have a website? Ours is:

http://cabreraathletic.blogspot.com/

J da Silva

2nd Sep 09 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been a spectator for my team this season but it's doing me some good tbh as I'm learning things about our team and players which will help me when I get back playing.

Although our forwards aren't doing it for us as of yet, we've scored 10 in 8 games in pre-season, I scored 24 in 28 games myself last season.
Carl

2nd Sep 09 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've add a couple of quality strikers to ours. IT's looking good, however i'm having a nightmare at the minute, must be 3 games in a row where I've been like Titus Brable. Competed in a chairty cup PRe-season, we got to the semis and battored the other team. We are a league 1 team and these came 3rd or 4th in the prem last season, anyway it was 3-1 after 70 mins and then it went to pot and we lost 4-3! Drew 3-3 tonight in the first league game, we were 3-1 at half time, couple of players missing and a sub later for a kid having a mare at left back and there was only one team in it.
12vStig

2nd Sep 09 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been playing centre-back in pre-season after our 2 centre-backs from last season left... usually play centre-mid but i must say im quite enjoying it...

first league game this weekend and hopefully we can pick up from last season where we were promoted and got to the cup final
liamC

3rd Sep 09 at 06:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finished 2nd out of 22 teams in our 7aside league last season.

Lost in the final of the Budweiser Cup on Penalties and missed out on a free tournament in Manchester, with everything paid for

New seasons haven't started this year for us yet
stuartmitchell

3rd Sep 09 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 12vStig
been playing centre-back in pre-season after our 2 centre-backs from last season left... usually play centre-mid but i must say im quite enjoying it...

first league game this weekend and hopefully we can pick up from last season where we were promoted and got to the cup final

Centre half is ace, I used to play midfield now one of 3 centre halfs as a 3-5-2. If in doubt, kick it as far as you can

We have played 4, won 2 drawn 2 and sitting 2nd just now 1 point behind! Should of won those drawn games though

12vStig

3rd Sep 09 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stuartmitchell

Centre half is ace, I used to play midfield now one of 3 centre halfs as a 3-5-2. If in doubt, kick it as far as you can

yeah i know what you mean mate, even as the 'composed' one you cant beat a good ol' fashioned HOOOOF!!!
stuartmitchell

3rd Sep 09 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Avvvvvvvvvve IT
J da Silva

3rd Sep 09 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon we should do some makeshift footy cards with our names, stats, positions, goals to games played.
stuartmitchell

4th Sep 09 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
I reckon we should do some makeshift footy cards with our names, stats, positions, goals to games played.

You start us off mate! My goals to game ratio will be murder lol
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th Sep 09 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i well want to get back into it!

too lazy these days
nik

5th Sep 09 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just signed for Midhurst and Easebourne United. Not started the season well, made my debut last week, at home today against Lancing where we need a win really to get off the board. Should be a healthy crowd there

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Amateur Football Thread 23 database queries in 0.0163891 seconds