corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » over revving at idol???????? anyone HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author over revving at idol???????? anyone HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
jamielfoster86

User status: Offline
   13th Sep 09 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just fitted a new turbo as i had blown my old one. its the standerd kkk16 unit fitted to the c20let engine. the problem is when the old turbo went the revs ran up to 3500revs and stayed there and when i fitted the new one today it was doing the same thing so i took the car down the road and it got a little better but now it is running up to 2500revs and droping stright away and running back up to 2500 and droping and its doing this repeatedly! any ideas?

[Edited on 13-09-2009 by jamielfoster86]
Dec T

13th Sep 09 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

checked all the turbo hoses are tight?
jamielfoster86

13th Sep 09 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dec T
checked all the turbo hoses are tight?
yeah m8 all are tight! it happend just after the old one had blown up and i fitted this one and its doing the same only this turbo is in good working order. as soon as i turn the car over it ias just jumping up to 3800revs ans staying there now! i havnt a clue as it was running mint before the turbo had blown and that was only about 2 weeks ago?????????
Dec T

13th Sep 09 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno try checkin with the local garage might just need the revs setting, your throttle cable isnt sticking is it? or the peddal, check if you can pull the peddal back
sam_jam

14th Sep 09 at 03:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there should be a screw where your top hat is to turn your idle down mine did the same untill i turned it down if not then your top hat could be abit sticky take it off and clean it
john_c20xe

14th Sep 09 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remove the throttel cable from the body and start it up again,

are all the vaccuum pipes connected correctly to to amal valve ect?

also what actually happened and why did the turbo blow up?

also this may sound stupid but is there water in your coolant system? ive had a few cars that when the water pump starvs it revs higher

jamielfoster86

14th Sep 09 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dec T
dunno try checkin with the local garage might just need the revs setting, your throttle cable isnt sticking is it? or the peddal, check if you can pull the peddal back

no m8 throttle cable is fine no problems there.
jamielfoster86

14th Sep 09 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sam_jam
there should be a screw where your top hat is to turn your idle down mine did the same untill i turned it down if not then your top hat could be abit sticky take it off and clean it

cheers m8 ill give that ago
jamielfoster86

14th Sep 09 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john_c20xe
remove the throttel cable from the body and start it up again,

are all the vaccuum pipes connected correctly to to amal valve ect?

also what actually happened and why did the turbo blow up?

also this may sound stupid but is there water in your coolant system? ive had a few cars that when the water pump starvs it revs higher

yeah m8 all vacume pipes are fine i have a diagram showing where each one should be located so all go back in the right place.

i duno why the turbo went? i was just over taking an astra on a stright road doing about 60mph and it felt like it was holding back abit so i put my foot down a little more and it still felt sluggish so i put my foot to the floor for a second and i noticed aload of smoke in my rear view mirrow. and as soon as i drove normal the smoke cleared. so i thought the seals just packed in but i sent it to turbo dynamics and they said the wastegate was badly craked and aload of other things? the car drove ok aslong as i did not boot it but i took it off the road stright away and i left it a cupple of days and when i started it up after it had been left for a cupple of days thats when the rev problem started. also my battery was totaly dead? and even after i took it round the block yesterday and turnd it off there was no charge what so ever!! like even the dash lights wouldnt light up! could a nakerd batt be causing any problems? just when its jumped and started there is power but as soon as its turned off NOTHING!!! i have the batt on charge now but i think its nackerd.

and yeah there is plenty of water in the header tank dosnt seem to be any problems there,

thanks for any help......

New Poll