corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Clutch Problem - 2.0 16v (X20XEV) onto F18 gearbox.... Fork is loose???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clutch Problem - 2.0 16v (X20XEV) onto F18 gearbox.... Fork is loose???
GrolschWalsh

User status: Offline
   14th Sep 09 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, having a problem with my engine.... i put a new clutch in on saturday and mounted the engine into the car (without checking... DOH!) and when i went to hook the clutch cable, the fork coming out of the gearbox was slack until about 2cm away from the casing of the gearbox, and so in effect the clutch release bearing is not meeting the 'fingers' of the clutch until it is almost all the way in, which can not be right. I definitely have the inner plate the right way round, as if it was the other way round it would a) be even worse, and b) would hit the flywheel bolts.

Once the clutch has been tighetened on, the 'fingers' close in and eventually press right into the inner plate.... I took the gearbox off my C16XE and the fingers DO NOT tighten right the way up onto the plate, which i assume is my problem on the x20....

To confuse me more, i put the old clutch back on and mounted the gearbox, to find I had the same problem!!! So I know it is the right clutch....

Anybody come across this problem before? I am going crazy here - having to ride 10 miles to and 10 miles from work each day on my pushbike due to a lack of bus routes where i live is not ideal!!!

ANY HELP ANYONE CAN GIVE ME WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!
GrolschWalsh

14th Sep 09 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BUMP FOR AN URGENT REPLY NEEDED! nobody come across this before???
scunnylad

14th Sep 09 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u got the relese bearing in correctly and the correct bearing for the gearbox ??
GrolschWalsh

14th Sep 09 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It seems to be on right - theres no way you can get it wrong really looking at it!

the bearing came in a clutch kit which is for the engine (new clutch & bearing are the same as the ones which came off)......

So in reply, as far as i am aware, yes.

Moreso, i think it is a problem with the clutch 'fingers closing in too far.... does anybody agree? Any idea why this might happen?
GrolschWalsh

15th Sep 09 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now sorted problem - clutch not fitted properly, outer plate needed rotating so that the three blocks sat into the recesses on the flywheel, and so not pushing the fingers in as far, so bearing now engages much further out.... First tyime I have done a clutch, so just down to my error really!

New Poll