corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 1991 ZXR400L Blue 11m MOT 34000m

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1991 ZXR400L Blue 11m MOT 34000m
dannymccann

User status: Offline
15th Sep 09 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Copy and paste from ebay!

You are looking at my auction for my ZXR400. I have only had ownership of this bike for 2 months, I swapped it for my old RS125 while my other ZXR400 was at the menders so I could still get around to work and back. I got it MOT'd, used it for a week and its been garaged since. I start it up every fortnight and ride it round my quiet road (less than 1 mile) just to keep the battery fresh and to stop any clogging up inside, as they arent really meant to be left, they love to be ridden all the time!

It looks superb with its paint job, which is a respray from whatever its original colour is, with yellow decals. The finish is pretty good, there are a few chips on the edges of the fairings and a little 'spidering' around a couple of the fixing points, but its to be expected really. The UK clocks glow up at night properly and are smooth working - all the electrics work fine. The frame itself is in its original finish and as such as some scratches down it where clothing (zips etc) and whatever else has caught it over the years, I have highlighted such scratches in one of the pictures. The tyres it has on it have plenty of tread left, I believe the front has only seen about 1000 miles, but either way plenty more miles left in them yet. The chain and sprockets were replaced by the previous owner in March, all I have done is liberally applied chain lube. She idles beautifully when warmed up, seems to start first time even without the choke, but she will splutter so I tend to give it between 1/4 and 1/2 of choke for a minute then seems to be fine. Warms up quickly too, compared to my other ZXR which seems to take the best part of 10 minutes riding steady to register any heat. The important radiator fan also works a treat when stuck in traffic on a warm day, keeping the coolant at a safe temperature.

As Ive already said, I had the MOT done as I got it with no MOT or tax, went through the MOT fine, with a couple of advisories on bearings, which I can provide on sale. I havent had a chance to get it sorted as I was on holiday last week and overtime at work is becoming scarce what with the economic climate, plus I dont use it anymore so it hasnt gotten any worse since the MOT. I asked the tester and he said there is no reason why they would fail before the next MOT (guess thats why they are advisory then!) but it would be precautionary to get it done, as I havent had it sorted I have negotiated this into the price I am willing to take for it.

The bike does seem to have a very slow rear puncture of some sort - but only when stood still. When I was using it for a week to get to work and back I noticed no loss of pressure, but now its sat in the garage it seems to lose pressure slowly, which is a little odd so something to keep an eye on. When the bike is idling you can also hear a faint tappy noisy. It sounds like valve clearances but my mechanic had a listen and found there is a tiny hole in the exhaust down pipe (the mild steel part not stainless steel) which is allowing engine noise to escape, he commented a 5 minute spot weld job would sort it, or if you are that fussed stainless steel full systems can be found on ebay for peanuts - it didnt bother me too much, when you are going along you can barely hear it anyway and is nothing to worry about. The previous owner in his wisdom has not sent me the V5, I have the new keepers slip and was waiting 6 weeks to receive it but no luck, so Im off to the DVLA when I get a chance to get a new one, £25 lighter of course.

The bike currently has no insurance or tax, therefore I cant really allow test rides as it would land me (or you) in a whole lot of bother. You are more than welcome to hear the bike running but I live in a residential area and have neighbours, so I wont be allowing people to rev the nuts out of it a) cold and b) at an unsuitable time.

I have had to tick Paypal for the listing to go through, I would prefer cash on collection though please. No cheques / cards thanks

I think thats everything really, if you have any questions I am but an email away. I am no mechanic so probably cant answer any particularly technical questions, but try me and Ill attempt to find out. If you want pictures of a particular part of the bike in detail again let me know asap. I live in Lincoln, just off the A46.

I went to the DVLA on Wednesday, handed over the New Keepers slip for a new V5, so am just waiting for it to arrive in the post. Thanks

£1195 open to offers, need it gone for garage space!

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 1991 ZXR400L Blue 11m MOT 34000m 24 database queries in 0.0101519 seconds