corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Remember i was going out with a girl who was in a car accident?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Remember i was going out with a girl who was in a car accident?
stan_the_man

User status: Offline
24th Sep 09 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some of you may remember me posting up the odd update of my girlfriend who was in a car accident and subsequently induced into a Coma.

Just though i'd update you's on how things are now, a year on since the accident.

Rach is still in hospital, and in a vegetative state. According to one doctor, she will remain there for the rest of her life. There may be some rehab type facility for her, but she will never return home

I had a VERY strange experience the other day. As you know, the 13th was a year since the crash. I couldnt bring myself to go and see her as it still hurts alot and i still struggle with it. On Friday last week i had an interview at a call centre, which is just up past the hospital in Dumfries. I got a taxi there and was there at bang on 11am which was cutting it a tad close but still . . . . . After the interview, it was a nice day, so i decided to walk back home which is a bit of a trek as i stay on the otehr side of town. I was walking towards the hospital and was thinking to myself whether to go and see rach or not. Do i? Dont i? Hmmmm . . . . As i was thinking that (and this is no word of a lie) i looked over to my left into the hospital grounds, and there was two ladies pushing a wheelchair up a path towards me with a familiar face in the wheelchair. It was Rachael. I walked over and said 'ahh thatl be Rachael then?' to the ladies and they looked confused. I told them that i had been going out with Rach at the time of the accident etc and they were instantly in awe. I kneeled down and said hello to Rach and her eyes opened wide. The two carers were gobsmacked. They were so shocked at the connection that they offered to leave me with Rachael for half an hour, without so much as asking my name or anything!

So after that i left i felt sure that there is definately someone/something up there watching over.

I also have just taken on a job at the local vehicle recovery yard to help out while a few of the lads are off. I was over one side of the yard today, and saw that Rachs car is still there in exactly the same place i saw it last year. And its still in a shocking mess. . . . .

Anyhow, thats pretty much all i have for now, and probably will do for some time.

I cant express how much posting on here and all the loving messages towards Rach and me had/has helped me through this unvelievably hard experience, which has shaped my life in more ways than i had imagined it ever could.

So to all of Corsasport, thank you.
(Ive posted a simlar post on Novaload too)

Stan.

Oh and here is a picture of how Rachs car looks now . .

Not nice.
fir3vip3r

24th Sep 09 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jesus christ..

such a sad story. serves as a reminder to how quickly and easily life changes.

respect to you mate, youve done a bang up job.

my thoughts go out to her and her family.
deano87

24th Sep 09 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
jesus christ..

such a sad story. serves as a reminder to how quickly and easily life changes.

respect to you mate, youve done a bang up job.

my thoughts go out to her and her family.

Couldn't have put it better myself
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Sep 09 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This moves me every time I hear about it and this update has particular resonance especially with seeing the car. Stay strong pal and I hope things improve one day.
Pop

24th Sep 09 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've posted in a few of the threads you have put up about this.

I have so much respect for everything you did for her and probably will do in the future. I am also glad for you that you seem to be moving on with your life, however hard that is for you.

Keep your chin up.
Lynny

24th Sep 09 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats one thing ive learnt, especially through my job, your life can change dramatically at any minute with no warning.

I dont know if I'd have the strength youve found....
stan_the_man

24th Sep 09 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks folks.

Im welling up here!
stan_the_man

24th Sep 09 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alex_NSMI dont know if I'd have the strength youve found....

Without my friends, and the support ive had on here and similar sites, i wouldnt have made it through. I came very close.
am4nf

24th Sep 09 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So shes awake as such? but no speaking
stan_the_man

24th Sep 09 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf

Yeah.

Shes awake and out of her coma, but is severely brain damaged.

mattk

24th Sep 09 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im normaly a grumpy bastard with a heart of stone but this whole turn of events and more so this post realy has touched me, I wish the best for both of you
am4nf

24th Sep 09 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stan_the_man
quote:
Originally posted by am4nf

Yeah.

Shes awake and out of her coma, but is severely brain damaged.

ahhh i see, good that shes awake but shite that shes brain damaged
Dan
Premium Member

25th Sep 09 at 07:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was actually thinking about your previous post's recently, and wondering how things were going. The story is so so sad, it really does make you realise you dont know whats round the corner.

The world really does need more people like yourself.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Adam-D

25th Sep 09 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hope she recovers mate. really really do.

and i actually spoke out loud at that pic.

fucking hell... state of that, unbeliveable that anyone got out of that car alive
Ellis

25th Sep 09 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That really wrenches my heart mate, all the best to the both you.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

25th Sep 09 at 07:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thoughts go out to you stan
Jamie

25th Sep 09 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thoughts to you mate - stay strong

Remember the thread last year
baza31

25th Sep 09 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jesus that would be awful , never read original post but to i think this is worse than someone dying. I take it your not still with her? Cant imagine whats that like
Daimo B

25th Sep 09 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not really posted but I did keep track in the other post, not really a grieving person, but thats such a great post.

My mother works with people with disabilities such as Rachels and im always popping in to see her and her clients, and the comment of her eyes opened wide clearly shows there are memories there, she knows you even if she cannot express it. In ways we really don't understand, she remembers you and I'd shake your hand for simply going over, where-as MANY others would walk away. It will help Rachel in unique ways, and it clearly has also helped you out.

It really is a tradgic situation, but I applaud the way you have come to terms, and acted in a very respectful and dignified manner throughout the entire ordeal. People sometimes forget its not just the immediate family it effects. You've acted in an impecible manner, and many could learn from people like you on how to act with such a tradgic situation as this.

I applaud your humanity, dignity and damn right "your a good bloke" ness

nathy_87

25th Sep 09 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everytime i read an update to her recovery it always brings a tear to my eye Stan. It's really really nice to hear that Rach is out of her coma and more/less recognised your voice when you spoke to her. Best wishes for you all.
Ojc

25th Sep 09 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What Daimo says.

My eyes well up when I read that, especially as her name is Rach and I'm not sure I could go on if that happened to my Rach, gut wrenching and I admire and respect the way you have gone about things.

Thanks for the update as well.
Half Pint

25th Sep 09 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i don't think i could add much to whay others have said other than the lump in my throat when you talked about her eyes when she saw you.....

bigboykarl

25th Sep 09 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
hope she recovers mate. really really do.

and i actually spoke out loud at that pic.

fucking hell... state of that, unbeliveable that anyone got out of that car alive

i did exactly the same when i looked at that pic....hope everthing works out for u stan
Cosmo

25th Sep 09 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was thinking of your posts the other day and wondering how she/you was getting on.

Glad to hear she is out of the coma, but I suppose that now creates a whole load of new problems with the condition she is in.

Fingers crossed she can improve somewhat mate
Tom

25th Sep 09 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Echo the above, hopefully she gets better and can lead some sort of happy life. Fair play to you, it's a lot to go through for a young lad (or anyone) and you're probably the stronger for it. I couldn't imagine anything similar happening, you're a model to us all, you really are

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Remember i was going out with a girl who was in a car accident? 23 database queries in 0.3755019 seconds