corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I Just Bought Something Big & Powerful

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I Just Bought Something Big & Powerful
Jamie @ SAS

User status: Offline
27th Feb 03 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just picked up a 2.0l 16v Red-Top with the F20 for £250, imagine my surprise when I got it back to the shop and looked underneath, it's a Coscast!!!

Pics coming soon.

Much thanx to Pete @ PVD for his info over the phone.

Jamie
Joff

27th Feb 03 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one.

Always best to get the Coscast if you can help it, but no big deal if not.
Ditch

27th Feb 03 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to be the dumbass but wots a Coscast?
Jamie @ SAS

27th Feb 03 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Early valvers had a Cosworth-made cylinder head. They used a high pressure alloy casting system which was far more reliable than the shit Vuaxhall started churning out when they started cost-cutting
Joff

27th Feb 03 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The XE and Coscast (engineered by Cosworth) heads are pretty much the same, although the advantages of the coscast are being non-porous and they have some slightly better exhaust ports.

ainsley_brader

27th Feb 03 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coscasts go porous,only other difference is early coscasts had 13mm guides later ones and all gm ones were 11mm
Andy_S

27th Feb 03 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a bargin mate! Where you get that from?
JayC

28th Feb 03 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this wot u want me 2 see mate, i'll come to the shop on monday...
Jamie @ SAS

2nd Mar 03 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey, who cares! £250 and I'm taking it apart tomorrow to check the cylinder head before I order £1000 of parts on Monday.

If it's thin then I fuck it off, if not then some serious till is being spent on it.

Parts include... Vernier Pulleys, new Rocker Cover, Sump, Oil Return, Plug Cover, Tensioner Pulleys (I think I've got GF-25's but I fancy some new ones), Powercap, 4-2-1 Manifold, and finally a Viper Induction kit that the MD of Pipercross wants me to have. FOC hopefully.

Jamie
Jamie @ SAS

2nd Mar 03 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Andy, I got it from a scrapyard in bolton who didn't know what he had lying about. Poor guy, I took him to the cleaners!! He wanted £250 for the engine only but it's got the SFi Box ripped in half so I blagged him big time, told him I needed to replace it (which I'd have to do anyway). So he threw the F20 in Free Of Charge after I told him I'd sort him out some parts in the shop.

Jamie
Jamie @ SAS

2nd Mar 03 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, this thing still turns the crank when you turn the alternator so I it ain't seized. Plus I got a 31 day warranty.

I checked at least 15 other scrappers and I couldn't find a single Red-Top. Just need a new ally sump, don't like the current one as it looks gammy. Been quoted £100 but they can piss-off.
Pete

2nd Mar 03 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jamie - the Viper works really well on these engines, I've got one on C3 and it made so much difference.

And you sure it's the MD who wants you to have one? Just cos he doesnt' really get involved with Pipercross much at all....

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie @ SAS
Hey, who cares! £250 and I'm taking it apart tomorrow to check the cylinder head before I order £1000 of parts on Monday.

If it's thin then I fuck it off, if not then some serious till is being spent on it.

Parts include... Vernier Pulleys, new Rocker Cover, Sump, Oil Return, Plug Cover, Tensioner Pulleys (I think I've got GF-25's but I fancy some new ones), Powercap, 4-2-1 Manifold, and finally a Viper Induction kit that the MD of Pipercross wants me to have. FOC hopefully.

Jamie
Jamie @ SAS

2nd Mar 03 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was Martin, he usually comes in about twice a month. Is he the big boss or is there someone even bigger?!?
Pete

3rd Mar 03 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know Martin. He's the Sales Director. So pretty important! When you see him tell him Vicki's still waiting for her watch....

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I Just Bought Something Big & Powerful 22 database queries in 0.0104151 seconds