corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Realistic Diet

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Realistic Diet
bishbosh

User status: Offline
26th Sep 09 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have u tried ant good diets?
Carl

26th Sep 09 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, a healthy balanced diet mixed with some exercise here and there, simple.
ed

26th Sep 09 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheeseburgers.
Paul_J

26th Sep 09 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

atkins imo was the best for me...

I don't eat much veg anyway, I can do without bread and potatoes...

wake up. Have a few slices of cheese and a few pieces of plain chicken from the fridge.

Lunch time have a small pack of peanuts (low carb ones).

Dinner time have a meat dish with a few green beans, (unbread crumbed chicken / beef burger / lamb / pork etc)

For pudding have some sugar free jelly.

... And excercise / cardio / do weights at the same time.

My record weight loss on that was about 10 pounds in 7 days. (Although a lot of the weight you initially lose are glucose deposit / water)...

Using this I went from 13 stone 3 to 9 stone 8.

Boring as fuck, but sheds the fat and by no means actually 'healthy for you' - hence only good for short bursts. (Beware though, if you get anything wrong and have more than 15g carbs a day, the reverse will happen and you'll expand.... Read every label carefully! assume nothing, i.e. drinks often are packed full of sugar and carbs).

[Edited on 26-09-2009 by Paul_J]
Reedy

26th Sep 09 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J

You weight 9 stone 8 now

Its probably underweight for you height surely.
Anty
Premium Member

26th Sep 09 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need to diet , ive cut out the local chippy, no longer working for them either..

maccys only fries atm
Paul_J

26th Sep 09 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Reedy
quote:

You weight 9 stone 8 now

No I weigh 11 stone 5 now
I probably weighed 9 stone 8 when you knew me Reedy.

My 'normal' weight is about 10 stone 5 and what I'm planning to get back down to, but going travelling and drinking beer every day for 6 months had a interesting effect on my weight / beer gut

I think one of the issues I'm finding now going solely on 'weight' is I've bulked up more in terms of muscles, so to be 10 stone 5 now would mean i'd be pretty ripped, where before i just looked 'average' as there was no muscle under neathe (one of the downsides of losing weight so fast is you lose muscle as well as fat).
Reedy

26th Sep 09 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

You weight 9 stone 8 now

No I weigh 11 stone 5 now
I probably weighed 9 stone 8 when you knew me Reedy.

My 'normal' weight is about 10 stone 5 and what I'm planning to get back down to, but going travelling and drinking beer every day for 6 months had a interesting effect on my weight / beer gut

I think one of the issues I'm finding now going solely on 'weight' is I've bulked up more in terms of muscles, so to be 10 stone 5 now would mean i'd be pretty ripped, where before i just looked 'average' as there was no muscle under neathe (one of the downsides of losing weight so fast is you lose muscle as well as fat).

[Edited on 26-09-2009 by Paul_J]

It would be wierd if i see you again and your absolutely ripped
Paul_J

26th Sep 09 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah, if you saw me now I'd look like a lardy mo fo... - although it always cracks me up how people get an image of someone in their head from the first time they meet them.

Unrelated to dieting but I'm loving this at the mo

http://hundredpushups.com/

I can do 68 straight now, and am on week 5 column 3.
Reedy

26th Sep 09 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
nah, if you saw me now I'd look like a lardy mo fo... - although it always cracks me up how people get an image of someone in their head from the first time they meet them.

didnt you do this before?

I remember you sending me videos of that chinese guy who got ripped.
Paul_J

26th Sep 09 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

didnt you do this before?

I remember you sending me videos of that chinese guy who got ripped.

Yeh i kept getting interupted about week 3 / 4 and having to start again. Just ordered a 'iron gym' pull up bar - where I live now is ace too as there's load of woodland to run around, started doing some interval training today, sprinting for 25 secs as fast as I possibly can, then 1 min rest, then sprinting for 25 secs etc... I read something interesting about how your body uses the fat / carbs doing exercise the other day that completely changed my mind set on everything. Previously running non stop for 40 mins was no where near as good as doing on / off / on / off style training. It also explains why doing weights / exercises in sets can also burn a lot of fat.
Reedy

26th Sep 09 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got one of those bars. Absolutely destroys the door frame work.
I use my for doing push ups off the floor, seems to be harder and also forces you out of bad habits with press ups.

Also i think the RAF do a similar training with the "on/off" running.

[Edited on 26-09-2009 by Reedy]
stan_the_man

26th Sep 09 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eat a balanced diet. Include food from all food groups, drink plenty of water and excercise every day. Walk, run etc. Best diet ever.
eddiewhiteley

26th Sep 09 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pies/beer/cake/crisps/curry/bread

best diet ever, not very good for you but tasty
Paul_J

26th Sep 09 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I use my for doing push ups off the floor, seems to be harder and also forces you out of bad habits with press ups.

Yeah bar looks good for my wrists as they're weak...

on / off training is better in so many ways, basically it's pushing your body to go faster / get stronger, in a similar way to having to increase the weights you do when building biceps... slogging along at a steady pace for 40 mins won't really get you much progress...

Secondly, half of the metabolism of fat / carbs, is the fact that it fuels your muscles along with oxygen. When you run hard you semi starve your muscles of this, it's only when you slow down again it gets refilled ... (essentially your body has enough supply for a really big burst of energy for about 15-20 seconds... This is that 'second wind feeling' when you're already knackered and can suddenly push really hard for a few seconds... Each time you basically use this up, your body has burnt up its current quick supply of energy (carbs / fat) ... only when you slow down a bit can it catch up to replace this properly... So doing on / off, you're basically burning it all off, then letting it all 'refill', then burning it all off...)

- running non stop for 40 mins doesn't really do this, hence you feel a lot more fatigued (as your body is feeling like it's running on limited energy sources)... Plus it never really 'pushes you' - so it never gains much... you'll always only be able to do those 40 mins at the same steady pace...

Where as doing interval style training you'll be able to increase your pace and stamina.
Reedy

27th Sep 09 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The weak wrists must be an IT thing as my wrists are to the bone
bigboykarl

27th Sep 09 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

join slimming world....i have lost 60lb in 15 weeks...was up to 67lb but had flu for a week so drank 3 bottles of night nurse which is sugar syrup and wasn't 100 percent good
Shell
Premium Member

27th Sep 09 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you've been losing roughly a stone per month Karl? That's amazing. I can testify that slimming world works well, but going on what Karl just said and by what I've with others, you pile the weight back on twice as quick. 7 pound weight gain from cough syrup is obscene! It's not a diet you could maintain in the long run imo. Like any diet of slimming worlds nature, it's a quick fix for fast weight loss. Keeping the weight off is the real struggle. I personally think it's best to develop a healthy well balanced diet, and exercise. Cut out the junk and start making good meals.
mattfiesta

27th Sep 09 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just cutting down on portions and cutting out snacks will help.
Wrighty

27th Sep 09 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a diet for an amount of time is bollox, you need to change the way you eat for good
BarnshaW

27th Sep 09 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quite simple, if you want to lose weight then you need to burn more calories then you are consuming.
Paul_J

27th Sep 09 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
a diet for an amount of time is bollox, you need to change the way you eat for good

Yeah long term definately, but short term losses requires more imo...

Your body is good at adapting to small changes, hence most people's weight stays roughly the same for a long time... if you eat healthy and make no other effort you'll probably not lose much weight, just stay the same... (which is ideal if you're already at a weight you're happy with)... I'm saying in the short term, you need to have a extreme diet / plenty of exercise to shave the lbs, then slowly / progressively phase it out to stop a yo yo diet effect and then finally switch to a healthy diet for normal life to maintain the new low weight.
bigboykarl

27th Sep 09 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shelley
So you've been losing roughly a stone per month Karl? That's amazing. I can testify that slimming world works well, but going on what Karl just said and by what I've with others, you pile the weight back on twice as quick. 7 pound weight gain from cough syrup is obscene! It's not a diet you could maintain in the long run imo. Like any diet of slimming worlds nature, it's a quick fix for fast weight loss. Keeping the weight off is the real struggle. I personally think it's best to develop a healthy well balanced diet, and exercise. Cut out the junk and start making good meals.

just over a stone a month after 3 months/13wk i'd lost 4st 2.5lb then wk 14 i lost another 8.5lb then wk 15 i put on 7lb....think really that wk14 shouldn't have lost 8.5lb think cause i had started with swine flu i might have sweated out 3lb of water which after i'd rehydrated for last week helped my 7lb gain......still had a good week this week and it's the scales on monday
Jake

27th Sep 09 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Yeah bar looks good for my wrists as they're weak...

on / off training is better in so many ways, basically it's pushing your body to go faster / get stronger, in a similar way to having to increase the weights you do when building biceps... slogging along at a steady pace for 40 mins won't really get you much progress...

Secondly, half of the metabolism of fat / carbs, is the fact that it fuels your muscles along with oxygen. When you run hard you semi starve your muscles of this, it's only when you slow down again it gets refilled ... (essentially your body has enough supply for a really big burst of energy for about 15-20 seconds... This is that 'second wind feeling' when you're already knackered and can suddenly push really hard for a few seconds... Each time you basically use this up, your body has burnt up its current quick supply of energy (carbs / fat) ... only when you slow down a bit can it catch up to replace this properly... So doing on / off, you're basically burning it all off, then letting it all 'refill', then burning it all off...)

- running non stop for 40 mins doesn't really do this, hence you feel a lot more fatigued (as your body is feeling like it's running on limited energy sources)... Plus it never really 'pushes you' - so it never gains much... you'll always only be able to do those 40 mins at the same steady pace...

Where as doing interval style training you'll be able to increase your pace and stamina.

to sum it up, youre seriously over thinking weight loss here. GET BACK TO BASICS PEOPLE
ChrisBoom

27th Sep 09 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just cut down on the shite i was eating, on 3 balanced meals a day. Also trying alli, more for the finacial commitment than the actaul product itself

Visiting the gym 3-4 times a week, also going swimming once a week. Its working anyways, ive lost about 10lb in two weeks, need to lose another 4 stone though

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Realistic Diet 22 database queries in 0.1185608 seconds