corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Compression Test Results?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Compression Test Results?
Tandy

User status: Offline
28th Sep 09 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been having random bursts of white smoke (not at any time inparticular just completely random) so i thought i'd do a compression test. I did it a 5 times to get an accurate reason and the results are as follows:

Cylinder 1: 12 bar
Cylinder 2: 14 bar
Cylinder 3: 14 bar
Cylinder 4: 18 bar

I have a 1.6 corsa sport,

What does this mean, and why is cylinder 4 at 18 bar thats 260 psi, surely that is way off for a 1.6 engine.

Thanks for ANY advice
Terry12

User status: Offline
28th Sep 09 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had random white smoke on my XE. Got the head pressure tested to find the was a pin hole behind one of the valves.

New Poll