corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » External Links » Corsa Sport 1.6 Smoking on eBay

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport 1.6 Smoking on eBay
triggz

User status: Offline
10th Oct 09 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eBay link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Corsa-Sport-1-6-1998-R-Reg-SMOKING-BADLY-CHEAP_W0QQitemZ300363849807QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item45ef14a04f

Looking for offers around £300-350

Black Vauxhall Corsa Sport 1.6
R Reg 1998 Plate
64k Mileage
Genuine Vauxhall Sport Alloys

After owning this car for over 3 Years I had a problem with the car running (oil temperature was really high and was losing water, power cutting out and nearly stalling with lots of smoke coming out the exhaust) I researched it and got a couple of mechanics opinions and eventually decided it was the cylinder head and head gasket I had these replaced as well as the cam belt/starter motor and all the other essentials like oil/fuel filter etc at a cost of little over £600 but when I got it back it was running fine for the first day apart from a noisy bearing on the cam belt until the next day it started to pour out smoke again!

I was told by the mechanic that carried out the work that it needed to be driven more to clear out the system however my MOT had run out and I had no chance take it on a long drive to clear it out. All I have done is drove it for roughly 40miles and left it running stationary for a couple of hours and I still have the same problem I have also be told that maybe it could need some new valve seals but now I have given up spending money on this car so I just ended up getting a new car instead.

Engine runs ok apart from the smoke & electric’s work as per usual.

I have declared it SORN so I could claim the TAX back on it.

The Only BAD bits minus the smoke is a slightly cracked rear light at top passenger side and broken Side light repeater on drivers side (I have a black set to put on) It has no stereo installed but I have the standard one.

I Have the Log book and owner’s manual + 2 Keys

Car will need to be trailered or properly towed away

I reserve the right to end the auction early as it is advertised else where

I Would also like to add a video that shows the problem you can view it here http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=video&file=3823car.wmv

Also note that the car drives fine with no loss of power so im sure that its not the piston rings etc. could be as simple as a sensor as the engine management light comes on only after its been on the road for 10+ minutes I never got round to finding out what it was.

I am taking offers through email and phone and am willing to end it early, if the price is right.

Will only Accept Cash on Collection

Can take additional pictures of anything etc on request

The Car is located in Grays, Essex 10 minutes from the Dartford crossing

Questions & Viewings Welcome
Please ring Lee on 07930500667 Between 1:30 and 10PM
Or Send an Email to L.Town@blueyonder.co.uk

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Corsa-Sport-1-6-1998-R-Reg-SMOKING-BADLY-CHEAP_W0QQitemZ300363849807QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item45ef14a04f

[Edited on 09-11-2009 by triggz]
triggz

12th Oct 09 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what does anyone think its worth best offer so far is 200 quid surely its worth more considering i spent 600 on it :s
Jonny.N

12th Oct 09 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2ud
triggz

14th Oct 09 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no thanks johnny I am only after cash pls best offer so far is 200q
gsirep

14th Oct 09 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its worth 200 easy mate the seats and interiour would sell easy plus all the other good panels and that
triggz

19th Oct 09 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT best offer now stands at 250! I removed it from the bay and will prob put it up again in the next few weeks tis perfect for someone who can get a mot without the emmisions test!
triggz

28th Oct 09 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT 400ono Takes it
triggz

4th Nov 09 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT Back on the Bay 1p No Reserve

[Edited on 04-11-2009 by triggz]
triggz

9th Nov 09 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

c'mon guys not long left now and its only at 170! surly someone here can fix it n make a nice little profit
triggz

14th Nov 09 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT ending today at 6pm

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » External Links » Corsa Sport 1.6 Smoking on eBay 23 database queries in 0.0126660 seconds