corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Cracked paint

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cracked paint
Root

User status: Offline
12th Oct 09 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was doing the shoes on the back brakes, the drum wouldn't go on one side. I used the adjuster, I aligned the shoes in the center, the lot. I was outside for a good 5 hours before I decided punching my car would let out some steam. I may have hit it too hard, it cracked my paint and a piece about the size of a computer mouse has fell off. It's down to bare metal and you can see the build up of layers like 3-5mm thick.

Also it's the rear quarter panel so...replacing it is not an option realistically. Seeing as there is a massive thickness difference, "masking", "blending" new paint into the recess, is that an option at all? or am I looking at a full respray of the panel?

I know I'm a stupid twat before anyone says that....Got the drum on in the end though
grez12

12th Oct 09 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldnt have called ya a twat but seen as ya mention it lol

by the sounds of it matey if it is 3-5mm thick then thats fillered and most probs as its a rear quater on an old corsa so will need re-fillering and re-painting full panel as urs is a solid colour iirc if it is a solid colour and not metalic its that much harder to blend
Root

12th Oct 09 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's metallic green
grez12

12th Oct 09 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should blend in easliy enuf then
Root

12th Oct 09 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can do the filler myself but how much will it cost to fire up the compresser and do just a small bit of blending in?

...Also some of the paint has just cracked and not fell off, how can I fix this?
gsirep

12th Oct 09 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get the filler in it and rubbed down mate and prime it then get the smart repair man or some one to blow it in for ya
Root

12th Oct 09 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gsirep
get the filler in it and rubbed down mate and prime it then get the smart repair man or some one to blow it in for ya

does it have to be a compressor job to make it look good? My dad has met silver paint on his van and managed to blend in a fillered dent, I was really impressed with his work tbh. xD

But if with green it's gonna suck with a rattle can, I'll fork out, shouldn't be too much compared to having the full panel redone.
gsirep

12th Oct 09 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u had a few other marks on there mate and scratches rub the panel down and and mask it up and blow the hole panel in it would be better to do with a compressor but rattle can will do the job mate if your dads good with paint ask him to paint it for ya
Root

12th Oct 09 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gsirep
if u had a few other marks on there mate and scratches rub the panel down and and mask it up and blow the hole panel in it would be better to do with a compressor but rattle can will do the job mate if your dads good with paint ask him to paint it for ya

yer ^^, because it's a small section, I'll ask him to give it a go...if it looks shit, I'll take it to someone witha compressor but I won't be losing much if it looks bad after rattle cans, except maybe £8 from the paint. lol

New Poll