corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » advice needed!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author advice needed!
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Oct 09 at 01:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on tuesday night i was due to be in work for 9.15pm, but i wanted to see the rangers game. So i told my foreman i would be in an hour late.
since joining this company 5 years ago i have done exactly the same thing many times. i come in late and make up my hours at the end of the shift. but this week when i arrived i was sent home without pay, and not able to book a holiday.. this order came from my sections foreman.

was just wondering if legally he is allowed to send me home without pay?

thanks
lostboy
Banned

23rd Oct 09 at 01:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, depending on the circumstances iirc.
X16joeXE

23rd Oct 09 at 01:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He' shudnt be legally allowed to take your pay away. It depends if you have a work contract with the company. If he's just paying you cash in hand for example he can do what he likes. If you have worked your hours then he is definatly in the wrong. A verbal warning or a written warning is what would legally be right. I cant see what his issue would be if you make up the hours later on, you've been there 5 years so your ovbiously reliable. Are you with any unions?
MarkSport

23rd Oct 09 at 02:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IIRC he cant do this to you by law,but as joe said you have not really stated much info on your job...

Best off phone c.a.b and see where you stand legally

oh btw

Did rangers win?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

23rd Oct 09 at 02:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah with the union goin to speak to them next week once ive been to see managment
MarkSport

23rd Oct 09 at 02:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best thing to do mate
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

23rd Oct 09 at 02:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no they lost. im a contracted worker.

went in the next night to be told ive been given a pay rise
MatthewR

23rd Oct 09 at 02:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit petty really init
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

23rd Oct 09 at 02:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just dont understand his logic. hes angry about me missing the of the shift but its ok for mr to miss a full shift?

and from now on ill be taking a full night of for every game. thats gonna slow down production

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » advice needed! 22 database queries in 0.0088532 seconds