corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » front reg plate legality?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author front reg plate legality?
jo1945

User status: Offline
26th Oct 09 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just made a smooth front bumper and was wondering if anyone knows if it's legal to put the front reg plate in the windscreen or do you have to have it on the bumper?
aron

26th Oct 09 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's a grey area in the law, as far as i understand it, it's more about the opinion of the officer who stops you

you'd be better off cable-tying the plate to the lower grill so you don't get un-neccesary hassle about it
jo1945

26th Oct 09 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never thought about cable ties, nice one! I didn't want to screw it on or use sticky pads and leave holes or marks on the bumper when the plate comes off for shows etc, but cable ties would work, thanks
bigjim172000

28th Oct 09 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jo1945
Never thought about cable ties, nice one! I didn't want to screw it on or use sticky pads and leave holes or marks on the bumper when the plate comes off for shows etc, but cable ties would work, thanks

But the same problem still using cable ties, if the officer who stops you thinks that the cable ties are causing a problem and making the plate hard to read he could be really awkward about it,
Brett
Premium Member

29th Oct 09 at 00:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got pulled for mine being in the windscreen.
jo1945

29th Oct 09 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigjim172000
quote:
Originally posted by jo1945

But the same problem still using cable ties, if the officer who stops you thinks that the cable ties are causing a problem and making the plate hard to read he could be really awkward about it,

I was thinking 2 holes for each tie? So you can thread the tie through and straight round the grill if that makes sense
dafs

29th Oct 09 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot i've seen on a golf mk4 recently is a bracket plate that comes thru the bottom grill to hold the reg plate. I'll try get pics

New Poll