corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Done such a knobhead thing. [now with pictures]

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Done such a knobhead thing. [now with pictures]
*JonnyG*

User status: Offline
   27th Oct 09 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So was driving down high street, on way home.. chilling out. as you do listening to music. Had my little sister next 2 me, and the traffic lights turn red up above, so i put the clutch in, okays fine. Next thing oil light comes on, and ive lost all power the engine cuts out. Right hmm fuck. i was thinking, rolled it up the curb, hazard's on etc. lifted bonnet up, everything was fine 10 minutes later, tried to start it again, it just started, so limped home, up a hill just got up it. came to a other set of traffic lights, just my fucking luck, before the hill car cuts out.

Push it to side of road, with a students help.. they was some poles next to me, and a curb with a gap i fort i could get my car thru... So i start pushing it thru and dick head me seems to of hit the pole, with out thinking it thru. Pulled all paint n body work back. Greatt so i was even more pissed off nearly fainted from anger n shaking like mad. My mum and my mate had met me by this time. My mate was checking my sister, and my mum was trying to claim me down. After 10 minutes we gave the car a other shot, tried starting up.. just started up and had no power, then all sudden power, only a little bit, so limped it up hill as quick as i could, with out it cutting out. Mum and my mate running be hide me pushing car up the hill. Turn left as its flat, and i just floor it as much as i could to get home.

And of course the car died just right next to my house, so had to push it up a slight bloody hill again. Got home feel such a twat, angry everything.

Don't know if any of that makes sense like. Am still shaken and shock up from the most stupidest thing ive done. Oh well live and learn.

Pictures tomorrow.

[Edited on 27-10-2009 by *JonnyG*]
Root

27th Oct 09 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont worry mate, I've had to push my corsa home MANY MANY times. Sometimes a few miles because I had valuables in the car that I didn't feel comfortable leaving in dodgy areas.

*JonnyG*

27th Oct 09 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not the pushing i was bothered about, just my pride n joy.. and now i've pulled some of metal back. * crys *
Damian_666

sounds like a battery? but im no mechanic. but your story does make sense apart from your mum claiming you down.

bad luck though mate, could of been worse. head up!
nathy_87

Its always the way mate, my car was like that, this time last year. think it needed a new battery in the end, i would of got like 1/4 of a mile and all the interior lights would flash frantically, and then cut out. Managed to get my grandpa to come out charged the battery up from his car and managed to get home was about 1/2 a mile. Was cold and dark didn't really help either.
Richardhhha

27th Oct 09 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we all do daft things when were wound up for example me and my ex had a row and as i pulled up into a parking space my foot got jammed inbetween the clutch & break so i yanked it out to then gear a nasty crunch as i realized the car was still running and in gear then because i lost my temper i got out the car over enthusiasticly and snapped the key off in the ignition barrel... needles to say i wasn't happy
*JonnyG*

27th Oct 09 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not battery at all, lights work fine radio the lot, i reckon its oil as they isn't no pressure so get any speed.
*JonnyG*

27th Oct 09 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its rocket cover, as oil is coming out of it now. So new 1 of them is needed, and hopefully it will live again.
Richardhhha

27th Oct 09 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what engine is it??
*JonnyG*

27th Oct 09 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 litre 12V mate.
Richardhhha

27th Oct 09 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check the breather hoses they are most probably full of mayo and this will make it run shit
*JonnyG*

27th Oct 09 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres oil all around top of the cover anyway, so i reckon that's gone not giving it any pressure making it run like shit.
Richardhhha

27th Oct 09 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a 3 potter they leak anyway if theres oil on the dipstic then it will be fine most prolly find its leaking because the bolts have vibrated loise
*JonnyG*

27th Oct 09 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The dipstic is shit aswel, but around top, it looks like it come out there, also the oil sensor on it, has oil on it too. Hopefully it might just be that.
markx14xe

27th Oct 09 at 04:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oil presser switch m8 for the oil leak anyway m8 they commen as muck faults on that engine...also check your alternator because it mite not be chaging your battery all i can say its give it a try
daymoon
Premium Member

27th Oct 09 at 08:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check that sparkplugs are are intact....

DaveyLC

27th Oct 09 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
nearly fainted from anger

WTF?

[Edited on 27-10-2009 by DaveyLC]
P1CK4D

27th Oct 09 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you get that wound up over that, don't get a LET
Shrek

27th Oct 09 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wont be an oil leak making it run like that mate, i'd say its the airflow meter, changed shit loads of them on the 1.0's for lack of power and generally fucking around.
*JonnyG*

27th Oct 09 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know the battery is fine, it wants to start the engine, but the engine wont spark up. Well it can sometimes but sounds horrid.

Davey, yeah i got really wound up and mad, i just went all dizzy and white. And felt like i was gonna faint.
taylorboosh

27th Oct 09 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pics of damage?
taylorboosh

27th Oct 09 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ohhh and i slammed my bonnet after realised another ignishion coil had went and broke my bonnet notch on sunday, chin up
daymoon
Premium Member

27th Oct 09 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by *JonnyG*
I know the battery is fine, it wants to start the engine, but the engine wont spark up. Well it can sometimes but sounds horrid.

Davey, yeah i got really wound up and mad, i just went all dizzy and white. And felt like i was gonna faint.

ckeck sparkplugs are not broken
*JonnyG*

27th Oct 09 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is they a special tool to get them out? or will my normal tools get to them?
*JonnyG*

27th Oct 09 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
pics of damage?

Am still in bed mate, taking it slow today. Day off work because of it too.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Done such a knobhead thing. [now with pictures] 22 database queries in 0.0150280 seconds