corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Why do renewals renew automatically :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Why do renewals renew automatically :(
dannymccann

User status: Offline
28th Oct 09 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And they are also more expensive, took out new policy yesterday for today for £460, didnt read the renewal thing properly and didnt realise it would automatically keep paying for it, just rang up to cancel and India said I would get my first payment back but Im a little dubious

Surely they should ring and ask if its alright to go ahead with the renewal
Conway563

28th Oct 09 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will have been written in the terms and conditions somewhere when you originally took out the policy

At least you're getting it back

[Edited on 28-10-2009 by Conway563]
_Allan_

28th Oct 09 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No no no, never allow them to automatically renew. I've never seen a renewal that was cheaper than the previous year. Just call up and ask to cancel or ask them to requote. I've never paid a penny more than the previous year for any insurance. Only one time in about 13 years I have paid the same amount but that was with extras (mods) inlcuded and I was happy with that. The best renewal discount I got was just over £700, just for calling them up
I think they count on people forgetting or can't be arsed to ring around each year.
C2RL R

28th Oct 09 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got my renewal 2 weeks ago and it had gone up by 45 sheets. got them to requote and throw in legal expenses for free and it came down by 80 quid.
a_j_mair

28th Oct 09 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in the same boat renewal came in £20 dearer

phoned up couldnt do it any cheaper so shopped around and got it £120 cheaper with courtesy car and legal cover

still far to expensive
StueyBoy1989

28th Oct 09 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was told by bell that i need to inform them, that i dont want to renew otherwise they will just take the money for the quote given!
Robbo

28th Oct 09 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my renewals never gone up :S apart form when i got 3 points
jamjar15

28th Oct 09 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hate insurance companies they're right feckers, mine went up by 225 quid and didnt know it even expired till the letter came through saying i was insured for another year, got a qoute and it was just over £400 cheaper
A2H GO

28th Oct 09 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most automatically renew so that you arent in the shit when you crash after you've forgotten to call them to continue the policy.
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Oct 09 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my experience, renewals are ALWAYS more expensive than what else is out there. Even if the price doesn't go up, that still doesn't mean that you shouldn't shop around.
dannymccann

28th Oct 09 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

O yea I shopped around and got it all sorted yesterday, £470 when my renewal was £580 and last year premium was £550, Ive never left the renewal before because Ive been with Norwich Union for the last 4 years and they have always been cheapest! So had no idea it renewed automaticaly, I just think its wrong they do it
mwg

28th Oct 09 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a letter a couple of days ago saying my insurance would automatically be renewed. But its not going to be renewed with them because the cunts have increased it.
Anty
Premium Member

28th Oct 09 at 15:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
And they are also more expensive, took out new policy yesterday for today for £460, didnt read the renewal thing properly and didnt realise it would automatically keep paying for it, just rang up to cancel and India said I would get my first payment back but Im a little dubious

Surely they should ring and ask if its alright to go ahead with the renewal

cancel direct debt via banking

i have

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Why do renewals renew automatically :( 22 database queries in 0.0100191 seconds