corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » license revoked ?????

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author license revoked ?????
scunnylad

User status: Offline
6th Nov 09 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate has been driving for just over a year and had 3 points for sppeding from his bike, he just got 3 points last night for apparantly vehicle may cause daanger to other road users due to unfit for road use.
the police said that his front suspension was too stiff ?? it lowered 60mm on jamex shocks and springs?. is there anything he can do to fight this in court so that his license isn't revoked? the only point is that he hasn't declared that its lowered as he only did it last month.
BarnshaW

6th Nov 09 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could try pleasing he brought the car like it was and didnt know about the suspension?
lostboy
Banned

6th Nov 09 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
could try pleasing he brought the car like it was and didnt know about the suspension?

Where did he bring it from?

I've never heard anything about getting points for the suspension being stiff, the suspension on my Nova is a spine killer yet the MOT tester didn't say nothing about that, just failed it on a million other things
BarnshaW

6th Nov 09 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how did the police test the suspension out of interest?
davcohen

6th Nov 09 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
how did the police test the suspension out of interest?

plus they wouldnt bring insurance into this as atleast he was covered
mark_gsi

6th Nov 09 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats bollocks i think some one has it in for him
Eck
Premium Member

6th Nov 09 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He could fight the ridiculous 3 points for the car allegedly being unfit for the road, but then if they find out he hasn't declared the mods his insurance will be void and he'll get fucked twice as hard/dry.
scunnylad

6th Nov 09 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they tested it by trying to push the front of the car down like bouncing it, they apparantly recon they couldnt move it but i know for a fact you can as i had them on my car.
Twiggy

6th Nov 09 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are they e marked?
John

6th Nov 09 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the real story?
Toby
Premium Member

6th Nov 09 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scunnylad
they tested it by trying to push the front of the car down like bouncing it, they apparantly recon they couldnt move it but i know for a fact you can as i had them on my car.

well if thats the case put two dents where they pushed and try a claim of criminal damage, but there is more to the story than that becuase as soon as it goes to court it will be laughed out of the window
scunnylad

6th Nov 09 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is the real story, he got a rubbing mark on 1 rear tyre on the outer edge. yes there e marked and him and his mrs says thats what happend. all im going by is what i got told.
SR91

7th Nov 09 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet the suspension on any 'sports' car is stiffer then Jamex...
Richardhhha

7th Nov 09 at 02:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh if there are rubbing marks its ok, if there are cordes showing then yes he'll get raped for 3 points..
The suspension the cop is talking bullshit about, put a hand sized dent in the wing (something that can be easely removed) and claim for damages where the cop was performing a bogus test on the vehicle.. I would have taken the cops name and badge number and the reg of the cop car and reported him for trying to bate your mate.. Cops can be wankers for doing this sort of thing i really dont know how they get away with it half the time.. I got pulled over a few weeka back for being a plonker and forgettig to put my ligjts on at night (we've all done it before) and the cop who dealt with mewas sound as a pound but the other cop was a total wanker swearing all the time and was searching for something to fuck me over with.. I eventualy got a little fed up with the guys attatude and asked the other cop weather he's useuly this way and the cop just smiled and said yep he is one mserable bugger tonight isn't he and i havd to work with him...
Lol felt sorry for the nice cop
Andrew

7th Nov 09 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ever b John
What's the real story?

I was just thinking this..

Does not sound right at all. I've only ever been pullled for driving like a twat / got a lecture for pissing about with the induction kit in a car park. Coppers were all sound and just doing their job.

Induction kit issue was when we were asked to move on and my car wouldn't start. Copper gave me hand fixing the filter back on Gave me a lecture on driving safely..

[Edited on 07-11-2009 by Andrew]
Ben G

7th Nov 09 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a stupid thing by the police. take them to court and it'll be thrown out instantly, providing you're telling us the real story.

think about wrc cars, they are road legal with suspension stiff enough to break bones!
DizzyRebel

7th Nov 09 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it to court. He should have given your mate a pink slip saying to take it to an mot station and make sure its legal.

Since he didnt do his paperwork properly it will get thrown out of court, and it wont invalidate his insurance either, pay no attention to those claims.

gtitim

7th Nov 09 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
Take it to court. He should have given your mate a pink slip saying to take it to an mot station and make sure its legal.

Since he didnt do his paperwork properly it will get thrown out of court, and it wont invalidate his insurance either, pay no attention to those claims.

If the officer has reported him for the offence, then there would be no reason why he would be given any paperwork what-so-ever. If he is in the first 2 yrs of driving and already has 3 points, he cannot be given a endorsable fixed penalty notice, as he cannot get 6 points or will be revoked.
I would imagine he has been reported for the offence- if the officer pursues it, expect a letter and trip to court in the next six months.

As for claiming damage to the car when none has been caused - try that with me ( I am a PC) - make a complaint - I will lock you up for perverting the course of justice, a lovely Crown Court only offence. Makes no odds to me.
BarnshaW

7th Nov 09 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel

If the officer has reported him for the offence, then there would be no reason why he would be given any paperwork what-so-ever. If he is in the first 2 yrs of driving and already has 3 points, he cannot be given a endorsable fixed penalty notice, as he cannot get 6 points or will be revoked.
I would imagine he has been reported for the offence- if the officer pursues it, expect a letter and trip to court in the next six months.

As for claiming damage to the car when none has been caused - try that with me ( I am a PC) - make a complaint - I will lock you up for perverting the course of justice, a lovely Crown Court only offence. Makes no odds to me.

got to love the police mentality, and people wonder why sometimes they get the reputation they deserve
gtitim

7th Nov 09 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What - the fact that someone has suggested deliberately causing damage and then accusing an officer of doing it because they have been reported for an offence??

Try it, and see what will happen.

Imagine me phoning the managing director of your company because I didnt like how you dealt with me, and me telling him you swore at my wife, or cracked one off in front of my kids, or something equally as outrageous. You would have done nothing wrong, I would have lied and you would be in the shit for it. to the same thing

Bottom line is this - if you are reported for an offence for which you believe you are not guilty - then go to court and prove your case. every officer who submits a process file for court is happy to stand in the dock and explain to the magistrate why they have reported that person.

[Edited on 07-11-2009 by gtitim]
BarnshaW

7th Nov 09 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea easily said then done , everyone on the bandwagon will jump in on this but a judge is clearly going to favour a policeman in court over a 18 year boy with a corsa, you might disagree and whatever but from personal experience i know this to be the case.
gtitim

7th Nov 09 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not necessarily - an officer will have to have evidence of an offence - some traffic stuff is black and white ie you have insurance or dont, you have MOT or dont, tyres are legal or not, you were speeding or werent etc.

Other offences such as dangerous condition, driving without due care are subjective, based on the opinion of an officer, which he/she will provide in court and give the grounds for. It is then up to the magistrate to decide whose evidence to believe. We dont always win in court, and we dont always agree with decisions made by colleagues; however, for someone to suggest perverting the course of justice is out of line.
BarnshaW

7th Nov 09 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was a passenger in a car with a girl driving, she was 19 and had just past her test couple of months previously, she was driving down a dual carriage way at around 60 mph, a panda behind come flying up behind her for whateve rreason (in court they said to pursue another vehicle) , the panda over took her and cut back in way to sharp and broadsided the car we was in, immediately when it happened the police advised her to take all details to the police station asap and they will sort the claim etc, when she did and went to the station they denied any liability of it, it was followed through and she took it to court and the judge saw it in favour of the policeman and they claimed she swerved out in front of them?

no i KNOW not all police and the majority are fine but in this case i had first hand account they the police (driver and other office in car) were point blank lying and happy to let the girl take the blame. I have never trusted the police since this.

[Edited on 07-11-2009 by BarnshaW]
gtitim

7th Nov 09 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't comment on that, as I have no knowledge, however, almost every officer I know, I would trust with my life ( with the exception of one or two I dont like) and have 100 trust in them. Have to have in the job - never know who will be your backup when it's going wrong.
BarnshaW

7th Nov 09 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hear what your saying and i do understand the good majority of the police are honest etc, i just genuinely believe that if a case went to court where it was a case of "he says she says" then the court would favour 2 policeman over 2 young drivers who had recently passed. It just my opinion.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » license revoked ????? 22 database queries in 0.0147071 seconds