corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » VW Golf GTI 1.8 20v Turbo, Cosmic Green, remapped, subtle mods etc

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VW Golf GTI 1.8 20v Turbo, Cosmic Green, remapped, subtle mods etc
Stokie Dave

User status: Offline
7th Nov 09 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make - Volkswagen
Model - Golf GTI
Engine - 1.8 20 valve turbo
Mileage - 130k
Price - £2650

Location - (same as my profile)
Contact phone number - u2u
Contact email address - thedave@live.co.uk

General information -

VW Golf GTI in "Cosmic Green", 1999, V reg, 3 door, 1.8 20v Turbo engine. 130,000 miles. 6 months TAX, 6 months MOT, usual GTI spec with Recaro interior, electric sunroof and cruise control. Car is in good condition and is reliable. Runs great! HPI clear.

Full specification of the car (some subtle modifications and enhancements as you can see, all done to a high standard!):

- 1.8 20v turbocharged AGU engine, KO3 turbo
- APR remap (done at Awesome GTI)
- New engine mounts and Powerflex poly dog bone mount
- Jamex Lowering Kit (approx 45mm to 50mm all round, rear springs custom made to order)
- Powerflex polyurethane rear bushes
- Standard discs and pads all round
- Audi TT 7x16" alloys refurbished in "mid grey"
- Goodyear Eagle F1/Dunlop SP Sport 01 205/55x16 tyres
- VW Gamma tape deck/radio/CD player and Harmon Kardon speakers
- Cat 1 alarm, immobiliser, deadlocks, full closure
- Aero window wipers
- Smaller rear badge from VW Passat
- Otherwise debadged
- Tinted windows
- Rear spoiler
- VW Golf V6 4motion front splitter
- Ice blue tinted front indicator bulbs
- Uprated front bulb set
- Recaro interior in dark grey
- R32 ashtray and gearstick gaitor
- R32 brushed aluminium door pulls
- Black door handles to replace wood trim
- Black rear view mirror to replace cream one
- Custom fit black floor mats
- Cruise control & electric sunroof optional extras
- Usual GTI spec otherwise both inside and out

The only negative points I can mention are that the cambelt and aux belts are due a change. The rear drivers brake caliper sometimes sticks slightly. One of the keyfobs doesn't work - may just need recoding as new batteries added.

More detail: The car has handbooks but no service book. The previous owner was an aircraft engineer in the RAF and kept the car serviced (and to an excellent standard) by himself. He owned it for 3 and a half years. It has oil changes every 5000 miles (just done before I bought it in August) and is a great runner. Lots of changes recently, see the above spec list for details such as engine mounts, bushes and so on. It has also had little things replaced such as window mechanisms, wiper motor etc - the usual things that go wrong have been sorted basically.

Reason for sale: I bought the Golf on the 17th August 2009 with a few plans to gain more power over time, modest stereo install and so on just to improve it for myself and then to enjoy it for a couple of years. However, my boss has cut my hours at work down drastically. Putting it bluntly, I cannot afford to run this car any more for the forseeable future so I have no choice but to sell. I'm not happy about it but needs must. It's a great car and it took me ages to find one this good for the budget in mind.

I am interested in part ex's for a cheap to run car - probably a Vauxhall. MK4 Astra's and Corsa B's and C's will be considered. 3 door only. Please understand I'd need cash to me if I was to part exchange my Golf.

The Car is in Stoke-on-Trent, West Midlands. Email first for a contact number. Test drives not possible without insurance cover for me to see, fully comp only, otherwise you'll have to be a passenger. Sorry, but this is my pride and joy.

£2650 ono.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1273125.htm

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » VW Golf GTI 1.8 20v Turbo, Cosmic Green, remapped, subtle mods etc 24 database queries in 0.2250960 seconds