corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Robert Enke Dies

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Robert Enke Dies
p

User status: Offline
10th Nov 09 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2009/11/10/1617005/breaking-news-germany-goalkeeper-robert-enke-dies-aged-32

Germany and Hannover goalkeeper Robert Enke has died at the age of 32.

Hannover 96 president Martin Kind announced the death of the former Barcelona stopper on Tuesday afternoon, according to the agency dpa.

Nothing has yet been confirmed about the cause of death, but German source Morgenpost Online, early signs point towards suicide.

The website quotes a spokesperson from the Hannover police as saying, "Enke has thrown himself under a train at Neustadt am Rübenberge."

The incident is said to have taken place in the small town of Neustadt at around 18:25 local time. There has yet been no formal verdict of suicide, but police will give a press conference at 210 with more details.

Enke is survived by his wife, Teresa.

[Edited on 10-11-2009 by corsadee]
p

10th Nov 09 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C2RL R

10th Nov 09 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bloody hell
Marc

10th Nov 09 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read this, no consolation, but hopefully he didn't have any time to feel it.

Nath

10th Nov 09 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blimey, what did he have going on upstairs to do such a thing?!
MarkM

10th Nov 09 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Death of his two year old daughter in 2007 probably.
Marc

10th Nov 09 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Poor guy
strick206

10th Nov 09 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

selfish bastard

sorry i feel sorry for no-one who commits suicide, just those he leaves suffering forever

(that's if it is suicide)
MoesTavern

10th Nov 09 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
selfish bastard

sorry i feel sorry for no-one who commits suicide, just those he leaves suffering forever

I think this is an unbelievably insensitive point of view TBH. If someone's life is so utterly shit that they can't face going on then I have nothing but sympathy for them. That guy's daughter died for fuck's sake.

It's not cowardice as far as I'm concerned, I'd be too scared to top myself no matter how bad things got.
John G

10th Nov 09 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
quote:
Originally posted by strick206
selfish bastard

I think this is an unbelievably insensitive point of view TBH. If someone's life is so utterly shit that they can't face going on then I have nothing but sympathy for them. That guy's daughter died for fuck's sake.

It's not cowardice as far as I'm concerned, I'd be too scared to top myself no matter how bad things got.

all wel and good but im sure the rest of his family have gone through the same hurt. and what about his wife/gf aka the mother of his daughter who now has the deal with the not only the loss of her daughter but now her bf/husband!
Cavey

10th Nov 09 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with strick there, it's horrible that he felt that he couldn't take any more, and that that was the only way out, but now everyone who loved him has to deal with his death as well. It's a cowards way out, imo.

Feel sorry for all of them, horrible thing to have to deal with, the whole story
Hammer

10th Nov 09 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd normally wholeheartedly agree with the selfish angle but then again I haven't lost my 2 year old daughter before.....

Tragic in any case.
strick206

10th Nov 09 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes hammer i agree it's tragic, but completely selfish, and disrespectful to the rest of his family, it also says they have just adopted, which granted isn't the same as his own but still

Now his wife has to tell there adopted child that he is dead, and she has to suffer as well
strick206

10th Nov 09 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern

You're allowed your opinion, granted

But nothing, imo, is worth cutting your life short

I wonder when it was just about to hit, if he realised what an idiot he was being but it was too late, i imagine this happens alot in suicides
Marc

11th Nov 09 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can see both sides, it is selfish and he has left people distraught. But he really must have been having a hard time to do it.

And thats anyone who decides to end their life, not just saying this because hes a footballer. The reason we're all really discussing this.
Tom

11th Nov 09 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8353733.stm

Only just read the full thing above, very sad and I think anyone who plays down the effects of depression hasn't got a clue and shouldn't make comment like they do.
Danny P

11th Nov 09 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Blimey, what did he have going on upstairs to do such a thing?!

He heard Liverpool were trying to sign him.
Limecat
Banned

11th Nov 09 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Imagine the poor sod who just went to work to drive his train? The selfish sod has just destroyed that guys life; one moment a living breathing person is in front of his train, the next moment he was in control of the thing that has just killed a man.
Terry12

11th Nov 09 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
Imagine the poor sod who just went to work to drive his train? The selfish sod has just destroyed that guys life; one moment a living breathing person is in front of his train, the next moment he was in control of the thing that has just killed a man.

I was just going to post that nobody had mentioned the poor train driving doing his job.
My mate used to be on the trains and had a suicide, A guy in his 50's walked out on him. At the very last moment the guy looked my mate in the eyes. He said that will haunt him for the rest of his life. Then he had to go look under his train for the remains

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Robert Enke Dies 23 database queries in 0.0124891 seconds