corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » YZF 250

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author YZF 250
Ollie_B

User status: Offline
13th Nov 09 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know it's a corsa forum but seeing as there's a few other bike projects thought i may aswell post this,
well the bikes a 2003 YZF 250, hi comp piston, uprated rear shock, FMF exhaust(which i need to get a new quieter one,as this ones 105db and the limit next season is 94db )my plans are to just tidy up the bike and uprate some of the parts, and now get the frame powder coated, along with getting the wheels done black and the hubs, candy blue in keeping with yamaha Anyway here's how the bike looked on sunday..

then i removed all the plastics and the fuel tank which left it looking like this...

I then removed the rear aluminium frame which left it looking like this...

Seeing as i'de gone this far i decided to get the frame powder coating, so i removed the rear swing arm...

Next job was to remove the clutch, throttle, kill switch, hot start and drain the oil from the frame, electrics as it's a four stroke, then the big moment remove the engine , this envolved 6 m8 bolts and 2 5 inch m10's, and away it came leaving it looking like this...

Then the headstock and forks next, and quite worryingly it was only hand tight, scary thinking i had been doing 14ft high jumps with hand tight handle bars any way this is how it looked...

and at the end of the day...

I dropped the frame at the powder coaters today, and it's going to be a metalic black colour with silver flakes in, this way i can put black, blue or white plastics on and it will suit..
I'll try and keep this updated for any one who's interested

[Edited on 13-11-2009 by Ollie_B]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » YZF 250 23 database queries in 0.0087140 seconds