corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Driving Aboard

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Driving Aboard
oceansoul

User status: Offline
15th Nov 09 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me first time driving a UK car aboard. Ive driven Left hand drive cars before but this will be somewhat different. Any tips from anyone??
I've also just read a Fire extinguisher is mandatory in the vehicle as is a warning triangle.....Where can i get these from :s
John

15th Nov 09 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On a ship?
Whittie

15th Nov 09 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Halfords, only need a £9.99 one!

Triangle, and also an EU sticker. (Not sure if its a legal requirement for the fire ext??)

As for driving, its just remembering, when you see everybody else doing it, its natural. Only takes a couple of minutes to get used to driving on the 'wrong' side.

Where you off?

[Edited on 15-11-2009 by Whittie]
jamied

15th Nov 09 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont find it much diff tbh mate
oceansoul

15th Nov 09 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

O i remember seeing all them things in halfords now cheers. I also need to carry hivis for each passenger, as i work for Thames water i have loads of em but is it ok that they have Thames Water written all over them?
Off to belgium for a concert. Ferry to Dunkirk then too antwerp
Whittie

15th Nov 09 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it depends on preference. Only about a quid if you don't want it to say Thames Water anyway

Who's playing in Belguim?
oceansoul

15th Nov 09 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blah...im tight, ill grab a few clean ones from work.

Its a female matal fest gig thing, unless you into that sorta music you probably not heard of any of the bands

[Edited on 15-11-2009 by oceansoul]
Shell
Premium Member

15th Nov 09 at 14:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually think id find driving on the other side of the road very difficult. Roundabouts would be okay but junctions would have me fair scunnered.
On another note, are these chick bands lacuna coil/nightwish style or Arch enemy'esque? She's one scary woman.
Edit: Had a listen to some, very nightwish and soooo not my thing. Really not into how theatric the whole style is, but each to their own.

[Edited on 15-11-2009 by Shelley]
oceansoul

15th Nov 09 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea there more like Nightwish/Within Temptation. Im not really a big fan of Arch Enemy haha
Shell
Premium Member

15th Nov 09 at 15:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fellow CSers, google Angela Gossow to be put off women for life. It's just not natural.
oceansoul

15th Nov 09 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shelley
Fellow CSers, google Angela Gossow to be put off women for life. It's just not natural.

She dont look too bad....until she starts "singing"
SVM 286

16th Nov 09 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
On a ship?

Could have been a question about ferry crossings.
Dom

16th Nov 09 at 01:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest it isn't that bad driving a RHD car abroad, just make sure you keep your eyes peeled at all times, go around roundabouts the right way and have a passenger that knows when it's clear to overtake - i've had a few hairy moments in morocco where we nearly got pasted by american trucks missing them by feet when overtaking on tight roads (call them roads but more like dirt tracks), certainly was brown trouser moments

[Edited on 16-11-2009 by Dom]
ed

16th Nov 09 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You also need a hi-viz in your glove box. It cannot be in the boot. If you wear glasses then you need a spare pair in the glove box, again, these can't be in the boot.

You could argue that the boot is accessible from the cabin on a car with fold down seats, but if you don't speak the language - good luck

[Edited on 16-11-2009 by ed]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Driving Aboard 22 database queries in 0.0137560 seconds