corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Snow foam.. (what and where?)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Snow foam.. (what and where?)
Kano

User status: Offline
26th Nov 09 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've ran out of snow foam so need to order some more. Just wondering what everyone uses and wheres best to buy from.

Been using cherry stuff I bought off ebay a while ago but not that impressed with it.
SVM 286

26th Nov 09 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drop Rich H a line Kano. I believe that Bilt Hamber stuff is allegedly very effective.
Rich H

26th Nov 09 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imho the only snow foam worth using is the Bilt Hamber one, don't expect miracles from it though - it won't leave you being able to do a touchless wash - it'll just shift a small amount of the dirt and loose stuff.

I either use the BH foam my self or shampoo
mattk

26th Nov 09 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its just for show isnt it
Rich H

26th Nov 09 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The safe ones aren't great. The ones that have more use aren't exactly what I'd suggest to "hobbiests" to use.

It is useful for shifting all the crap that you get clinging to the lower half of the car at this time of the year so you don't fook your washmitt and wipe it all over the paint, but it won't clean a car.
mattk

26th Nov 09 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was tempted to get some for winter but sack it, Il just stick with the pressure washer
Kano

26th Nov 09 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
The safe ones aren't great. The ones that have more use aren't exactly what I'd suggest to "hobbiests" to use.

It is useful for shifting all the crap that you get clinging to the lower half of the car at this time of the year so you don't fook your washmitt and wipe it all over the paint, but it won't clean a car.

Thats all I use mine for, just to get the worst off as its only getting washed about once a fortnight just now so it s abit of a mess. You able to supply a gallon of the stuff you use Rich. If so PM me a price as everywhere is a fortune..
Rich H

26th Nov 09 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will do a group buy on the snow foam if people are interested. The Bilt Hamber Autofoam 5L.

Need a minimum of 20 orders to do it though as I don't have the room to store it!

Will be able to do it for £18.25 delivered I think.

[Edited on 26-11-2009 by Rich H]
mattk

26th Nov 09 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Il go for that if you can get 20 people, where is the best place to get a pressure washer nozzle thing? you need a special one dont you?
Rich H

26th Nov 09 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh you need a foam lance. I personally suggest Autobrite Direct, Clean Your Car or AutoRaeChem. I used to say Elite Car Care but they stopped selling their decent one

Will run a group buy on the Autofoam then. Will get it up in classifieds. Will not be ordering in until I have 20 people on the list who've paid a £5 deposit though - last lot of GB's I got let down on big style!
Rich H

26th Nov 09 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now active: http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=529925&pid=6913325#pid6913325
Rich H

26th Nov 09 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Now active: http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=529925&pid=6913325#pid6913325

Oh and Doyle GTF.
SVM 286

26th Nov 09 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ed

26th Nov 09 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought some Snowfoam from a guy who lives close to Jambo.

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/elite-snow-foam-5-litre.php
Richardhhha

26th Nov 09 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use built hamber myself and its pritty effective, just need a good pressure washer to make sure it foams effectivly and you need the right concentration and its pritty damn good stuff.
Bonney

26th Nov 09 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will the detergent bottle not work on the preassure washer, Or is the adapter a better option?
Rich H

26th Nov 09 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It won't foam up anywhere near as effectively through a detergent tank, and will drink it like a fish! Would suggest a foam lance definitely
John

26th Nov 09 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there anywhere that doesn't still charge £50 for a plastic bottle with a nozzle on it?
Rich H

26th Nov 09 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prices are fairly fixed due to most companies buying from the same supplier. IIRC, AutoRaeChem (eBay store) and Autobrite are marginally cheapest.
John G

26th Nov 09 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wether people like it or not becuase it doesnt foam up as much and look like snow you cant beat the Karcher attachment, i use it all the time, puts it on the car great yea it doesnt foam up loads but it does what its meant to do on the car,
Jake

26th Nov 09 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5l for 18quid is a very good price nice one rich shame im skint. I bought the cheaper snowfoam lance from elite and thought it was very good, foamed up nicely

[Edited on 26-11-2009 by jake]
neil h

26th Nov 09 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
it won't leave you being able to do a touchless wash - it'll just shift a small amount of the dirt and loose stuff.

It'll get you pretty dam close, i've found autofoam does a pretty good job of getting the car pretty clean. Granted yes its not perfect but for the sake of a quick going over with the pressure washer it comes up pretty well.
SVM 286

26th Nov 09 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Prices are fairly fixed due to most companies buying from the same supplier. IIRC, AutoRaeChem (eBay store) and Autobrite are marginally cheapest.

Rich, will a decent foam lance work fine with a standard Karcher and is there one specific wand that is better than the others, i.e. much better made/hard wearing etc?

Is there a price ceiling as far as what one can spend on one of these or is the sky pretty much the limit?
Rich H

26th Nov 09 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All suppliers offer the lances with different fittings. Karcher being one of the most common ones Average price these days is approx £39 - £45 iirc. I paid £60 for mine a few years back

Opt for a heavy duty one as it will be better built (brass components etc) and will withstand more.
Kano

26th Nov 09 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a brass one but think it needs cleaned out. I have to give it a shake to get it to start foaming properly.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Snow foam.. (what and where?) 22 database queries in 0.0143411 seconds