corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » time spans when buying a house?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author time spans when buying a house?
Carl

User status: Offline
2nd Dec 09 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, we have the offer in, solicitor arranged, at present we are just getting the documents over to the broker with the proof of deposit, our earnings, etc. What kind of times we looking at after that? Is it the mortgage company (in this case alliance and Leicester) which usually take the longest getting a valuer out and that?
BYRON

2nd Dec 09 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the offer accepted last week of January, and got the keys April 25th.
Carl

2nd Dec 09 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what took so long for yours?
Nismo

2nd Dec 09 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Offer accepted end of Aug, Keys Last week, The seller held us up with not having the right documents, but normally takes 8 weeks as a rough guide.
Pop

2nd Dec 09 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Offer accepted mid-May and we got the keys on the 3rd July.

[Edited on 02-12-2009 by Pop]
BYRON

3rd Dec 09 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
what took so long for yours?

Mortgage in principle got pulled with no notice (beginning of the recession)...
Had to find some more money quickly, and there was alot of days lost due to the management company of the estate we were buying on not providing all relevant information etc...
jrsteeve

3rd Dec 09 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Average is 12 weeks but can be 4 weeks if you keep on top of things. Once the valuer has been out you should have the mortgage offer 7-10 days later max. If its leasehold then the management company are usually the biggest pain in the arse.
AlunJ

3rd Dec 09 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reserved my house on the 23rd october and picked up my keys last friday 27th november... pretty quick!
Carl

3rd Dec 09 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with it being a repo apparently we have a deadline of 29th December! Not sure what that entails as surely they don't scrap a deal thats a majority way through becuase of a deadline, that would be a bit backward surely?!
AlunJ

3rd Dec 09 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well I had a deadline - which I would lose the deal on if we didn't work too, we were a week overdue when we did the exchange...
Not like they're selling them quick enough to whinge really, not sure on a repo
smcGSI16V

3rd Dec 09 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine took exactly 8 weeks from offer to exchange, would have been 6 weeks had it not been for a valuation fook up.
Demo

3rd Dec 09 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine took 6 weeks from offer accepted to getting the keys

but there was complications as it was being sold as leasehold property but we wanted to buy it as freehold property so that had to be factored in too

from what i have been told anything less than 10 weeks is good going

usually solicitors are shite too cos its the most important thing in the world to you but not so much to them

ps - however long it will feel like the longest time ever
Carl

3rd Dec 09 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our solicitor seems keen, also aparently it is a quiet time so that should help, just reckon things might stall around crimbo but we'll see.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

4th Dec 09 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6 Weeks tomorrow for me and counting. Need to get this through. Other side are using a fucking shitty panel solicitor.

If you want it done quickly make sure you use local sols .

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
jrsteeve

4th Dec 09 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
with it being a repo apparently we have a deadline of 29th December! Not sure what that entails as surely they don't scrap a deal thats a majority way through becuase of a deadline, that would be a bit backward surely?!

Is it leasehold though? Repo's are normally 28 days exchanges which is fine for freehold but not for leasehold and the vendor's solicitor is usually shit as they pay the lowest price possible. With it being Christmas you need to make sure most if not all work is done in the next 2 weeks as they'll all be on hols til the 1st week of January so you'll have no chance. They should be lenient though but repo companies are the 'computer says no' type
Carl

4th Dec 09 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Freehold. Our solicitor is local.
I don't get it though, yeah there is a deadline to speed things up, but if we don't hit it surely it isn't in their interest to shunt a progressing deal?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Dec 09 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 months coz the mortgage advisor was a dick and didnt contact us about needing extra documents
Cavey

6th Dec 09 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh how I envy you people.

We're trying to buy through this HomeBuy direct scheme, decided in July.... still going now, no end of problems and I hate having to rely on other people to sort things.

As part of the scheme we HAD to use their IFA's and they're a bunch of useless muppets.

Took them a month and a half to get our application in (apparenlty some information was lost) 2 weeks for the to get looked at and a response to us, then them to contact us to sort decision in principle, then surveys etc, then another meeting a month or so later to make sure we wanted that mortgage and rates etc. That mortgage app went in to Halifax, 2 weeks later we found out they wanted to check our finances, 2 weeks after that found out that Royal Mail didn't reply, so another week or 2 chasing that up. Then Royal Mail told them my basic salary, not what I actually earn, so we got turned down.

Found that out this week, so now applied to RBS who apparently are aware of my situation and will take P60 and the entirety of this years payslips as proof i'm on 19k not 12k as Royal Mail told Halifax.

All in all, we're looking like end of Jan if we get accepted now!

And all because we want to start with a house we can live in for 20 years or so and not make our way up the ladder
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Dec 09 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant do 7k worth of overtime and claim you are on 19k though
Cavey

6th Dec 09 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on a 25hr contract, but work 40 hours a week, and have done since i've been there, I didn't claim I was on 19k, I told them my basic and what I actually earn, and have done for a year and a half. Gave them a copy of my P60 saying I earnt 16,500 last year, and my payslips for this year showing i'm on for 19k.

Was told by our advisors, this would be fine.
Aaron

6th Dec 09 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The purchase of my flat took 12 weeks....and there was no chain involved damn management company!
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Dec 09 at 11:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is technically overtime though

because without notice the can legally cut your hours to 25. meaning you'll be on 12k
Colin

6th Dec 09 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paid our Deposit early June & were meant to get the keys a week tomorrow
Carl

7th Dec 09 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Oh how I envy you people.

We're trying to buy through this HomeBuy direct scheme, decided in July.... still going now, no end of problems and I hate having to rely on other people to sort things.

As part of the scheme we HAD to use their IFA's and they're a bunch of useless muppets.

Took them a month and a half to get our application in (apparenlty some information was lost) 2 weeks for the to get looked at and a response to us, then them to contact us to sort decision in principle, then surveys etc, then another meeting a month or so later to make sure we wanted that mortgage and rates etc. That mortgage app went in to Halifax, 2 weeks later we found out they wanted to check our finances, 2 weeks after that found out that Royal Mail didn't reply, so another week or 2 chasing that up. Then Royal Mail told them my basic salary, not what I actually earn, so we got turned down.

Found that out this week, so now applied to RBS who apparently are aware of my situation and will take P60 and the entirety of this years payslips as proof i'm on 19k not 12k as Royal Mail told Halifax.

All in all, we're looking like end of Jan if we get accepted now!

And all because we want to start with a house we can live in for 20 years or so and not make our way up the ladder

My girlfriend's work colleugue is going through the same scheme and they are running into no end of problems. Our's is in the hands of allience and leicester at the minute, checking the stuff over, any info missing they will contact us.
jrsteeve

7th Dec 09 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As its freehold you shouldn't really have any problems. The only possible things that could fuck it up are survey problems if its a structural report, and dodgy things on the local searches if you're solicitors are overly touchy.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll