corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Liverpool Victoria Engine Mods Again soz

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Liverpool Victoria Engine Mods Again soz
chris_lee100

User status: Offline
   4th Mar 03 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone said your premium doesn't go up with engine mods ? Is this really so or is it only exterior mods which affect insurance ?
corsa_lover

5th Mar 03 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats bollox. It depends what your talking about. An induction kit wont bump it up that much. A superchip would make them think its christmas, same with a turbo conversion. You could get away with new hoses or polished cam as your technically not changing the spec of the car. What was you thinking about?
luca2020

5th Mar 03 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no corsa_lover ur bollox

their the only insurance company that dont charge anything extra for engine mods how ever big they are! as well as bodykits, alloys ect
dig dave2811

5th Mar 03 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im insured with liverpool victoria from the 13th. didnt change iwth body kit etc. i doubt induction kit would but for a turbo conversio or something im sure it would change a little
dig dave2811

5th Mar 03 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so basicly put a 2.0litre 16 valve turbo in your corsa and u would pay the same as a 1.2 8 valve.
doent sound right
beav

5th Mar 03 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yip its crazy but good at the same time
Thoday

5th Mar 03 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AH THE QUESTION IS, WHAT HAPPENS IF U GET UR CAR NICKED OR CRASH IT, DO U GET A CAR BACK VALUED WITH MODS OR NOT? OR A STANDARD ONE?
jaffa

5th Mar 03 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty sure you pay for the mods just not that much. They class the transplant as an engine mod and not a new engine.

Well that is what they told mewhen I phoned up for a quote at renewal time and queried a 1.6 in my 1.2. Would of been couple of hundred more for 1.6 over a 1.2
Dell

5th Mar 03 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a quote from them for a 1.4 16v standard and modded with just about everything I could think of (induction kit, exhaust, lowered, body kit, interior changes etc). It went up a whopping £1.20 a month! So good.
Sri94

5th Mar 03 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got quoted an extra £34 a yr for 16v SRi engine, then £32.50 for Gsi engine, all based on my 8vSRi!!!! SWEET
Gambit

5th Mar 03 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by luca2020
no corsa_lover ur bollox

their the only insurance company that dont charge anything extra for engine mods how ever big they are! as well as bodykits, alloys ect

wrong,

HIC insure me for any modifications whatsoever i do on my car & my ins is only £257 FC
Flamboyant Mr Santiago

5th Mar 03 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats their number? they sound good!!
philly willy

5th Mar 03 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o my god!!! is all this true???
Seriously!!!

I am wanting to swap my i.0 for a 2.0 16V MONSTER!!!!
wILL THEY HAV A PROB WITH THIS?+ WILL THEY ONLY ADD ON SOME THING DAFT LIKE 32 POUND???please u2u me

I have the engine but didnt think i could get insured?
chris_lee100

5th Mar 03 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It seems u all have different opinions, it just seems fishy that LV are so leniant, im going to have to ring them to believe them, thinkin of turnin a 1.6 16valver into a pocket rocket but worried about insurance with performance manifold, cams, unichip etc, i think i get more peace of mind from mods like this when u get forced into leavin ur car somewhere dodgy, they lie dormant and can only be seen when they come alive lol !

New Poll