corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what bhp am i looking at if...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what bhp am i looking at if...
shauny bizzle

User status: Offline
5th Dec 09 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a c16xe engine, its got a lightened flywheel, panel filter, going for 265 cams, powerbox and a 4-2-1 manifold and stainless system, would a decat be much gain? how much bhp am i looking at cheers
dean101287

5th Dec 09 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

around 130 maybe. Get a dastek unichip and get it mapped and you will get a bit more maybe
shauny bizzle

5th Dec 09 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are they any good the dastek chips where can i get one from
Nic Barnes

5th Dec 09 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jamesy1990

5th Dec 09 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the same boat as u mate iv just fiotted my 4 brancher with the decat looking to get the lexmaul soon and a good map with a set of cams im looking to get 130bhp + hopefully
Ryan_G1

5th Dec 09 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jamesy1990
on the same boat as u mate iv just fiotted my 4 brancher with the decat looking to get the lexmaul soon and a good map with a set of cams im looking to get 130bhp + hopefully

who is mapping it for you?
Tiger

5th Dec 09 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why dont you just buy a car with more power rather than spend loads of money pushing an aged engine that might not take it very well?
Ryan_G1

5th Dec 09 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
Why dont you just buy a car with more power rather than spend loads of money pushing an aged engine that might not take it very well?

Why dont you shut up, if thats what he wants to do, let him
Tiger

5th Dec 09 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why dont you take a chill pill ryan

Watch that blood pressure.
scottc1088

5th Dec 09 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv got a dastek unichip im not using
shauny bizzle

5th Dec 09 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought the gsi with the intention of a slow project, the engines only got 110k on it im stripping it down putting arp's in anyway and doing cambelt and waterpump, headgasket etc and check the bottom end etc so i know it'll be ok, its good to know that someone can build a car/engine it makes u appreciate it alot more especially if it has more power than say a redtop or the ability to keep up with a redtop out of a tiny 1600 tbh thats an achievement imo
am4nf

5th Dec 09 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger

Can never understand people who say that, its like saying why not just drive a calibra instead of putting the engine in a corsa
Warren G

5th Dec 09 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

130ish
Eck
Premium Member

5th Dec 09 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shauny bizzle
i bought the gsi with the intention of a slow project, the engines only got 110k on it im stripping it down putting arp's in anyway and doing cambelt and waterpump, headgasket etc and check the bottom end etc so i know it'll be ok, its good to know that someone can build a car/engine it makes u appreciate it alot more especially if it has more power than say a redtop or the ability to keep up with a redtop out of a tiny 1600 tbh thats an achievement imo

Is it really an achievement? I wouldn't go by displacement, I'd go by cost for achievement.
shauny bizzle

5th Dec 09 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for inputs people
shauny bizzle

5th Dec 09 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh i see everyones point of view but the whole point of modification to cars is to make it different whats the point getting a car wid a bigger engine in it when u can have an animal of a car, like for instance a corsa dusting a scooby im sorry but thats gotta be a touch harmful to the guys ego being killed by a corsa... i think its just better knowing the fact that a 1,6 can have the potential to out do a redtop like everyone else puts in there cars when coulda spend less to get the same sort of power or quickness
dean101287

5th Dec 09 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do what you want buddy not what some randoms on a corsa forum want you to do. Everyone has an opinion and it gets debated alot so just go with whatever you want
Eck
Premium Member

5th Dec 09 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not slating the idea of a big powered small block btw. But it will 9/10 be cheaper to XE your car than it will be to tune a 1.6 to XE speed But if that's what you wanna do, bash on fella!
shauny bizzle

5th Dec 09 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeah mate i always will... i like to do things different rather going down the usual redtop route, theres a fair amount of power in small block engines ive noticed and thats what i intend to get... i dont wanna squeeze every last bit of power out of it thats when thngs start to go wrong.. just simple cams, exhaust, powerbox and filter with a flywheel too, and no really considering the dastek chip jus a lil extra boost just to have a fairly rapid corsa, its only got 2 seats in it so i think she'll be fairly quick
Warren G

5th Dec 09 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which will prob not keep up with a redtop, and do the same to that.....would leave you standing

if i was on a budget, i would just put a 2.0 in, can be done so cheap these days.

Tiger

5th Dec 09 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just don't really get the point though. If you want a faster car, get a faster car, don't bolt a load of naff bits onto one to make it faster. Save that for a much more solid/newer base car.

By the time you've spent the money and time you could buy a better car. And am4nf, by that I dont mean a Calibra, its no better than a Corsa anyway, a corsa is the best of the group in its class and year of manufacture.

Personally, and i'm certain i'm not on my own in this forum, save the money and invest it in a car thats already faster, and already more powerful and enjoy the Corsa as it is.

You'll end up with a car with loads of money spent on it, thats worth no more than one thats standard when you come to resell it, and, you will one day.

[Edited on 05-12-2009 by Tiger]
Eck
Premium Member

5th Dec 09 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't buy cars/parts based on what the future value will be though Tiger. I've just spent £1300 on the engine on mine and my brother will be buying it for £1500 very shortly now that 've had my fun All down to personal preference I guess.
jamesy1990

5th Dec 09 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you arent cheaper to xe a corsa rather than tune the 1600 . iv done both and to xe a corsa u need mounts shafts hubs alot of man hours and alot of swearing small block all the way
Warren G

5th Dec 09 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there alot of second hand parts out there, £ per bhp

id just fit a 1.8
Tiger

5th Dec 09 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, i'm not slating the lad for having a go like. I wanted to do the same when I had my Corsa GSi, but couldnt afford it. When I could I thought 'what's the point?' Then I saw a new motor with more beans and bought that instead and was glad of it.

Like you say, each to their own and all that.

Whenever i've had enough to buy a new car, i've just moved up a step on the ladder, which is why i'm now looking at an E46 BMW 330Ci or an M3 instead of getting my Audi 1.8T tuned or modded.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what bhp am i looking at if... 22 database queries in 0.0161412 seconds