corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Rant time...Boss is pissing me off!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rant time...Boss is pissing me off!!!
CORSA NUT

User status: Offline
   8th Dec 09 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right i'll have to give you some background info here just to explain..

I'm nearly 29..

I've worked in the lifting gear/concert industry since i was 18 and made a fair few ££££ building huge electronic panels etc etc but it's a hard industry to work in and took over my life/major stress etc..my mum in law then died suddenly of cancer and tipped me over the edge to leave and find something better to do.

I had a 'Fill in' job for 6 months working for a big car dealer Lexus/Mazda/Skoda and then i met the guy i work for now while he was doing a job there.

I'm now training to be an Electrician and it's just me and my boss who has his own company and has been a spark for 13 years (he's 31) and has had his own business for the last 4 years.Before i started working for him he was making 24K a year for the first 2 years of trading, since then he's touching on 55/60K P.A.

I ain't blowing myself off here but i'm a fucking grafter and just get on with my job no matter how dirty/hard etc but my boss has always been a lazy twat and just gives me all the hard work to do as he thinks that it's his time to 'Slow down' , he ponces around doing easy/clean jobs.Now i'm a realist and i know i have to learn the trade the hard way and i wouldn't have it any other way so i don't mind this so much (i'm used to working in a proper team)

The problem i have is he has NEVER said 'Oh well in mate you did well there' or 'You've worked really hard today mate' or 'That was a good idea' all he does is steal my ideas as his own and tells everyone that HE does all the work and that HE is going to do this and that job or HE did this and that job when most of the time i've done all the hard graft that really pisses me off especially when i've done something i'm proud of! BTW i always try and say these posistive things to him just as a hint but he just gets more big headed so i don't bother now

He is also so cringe worthy when talking to people and laughs at EVERYTHING and sometimes customers look at me as if to say 'Is this prick for real' he is so annoying you'd have to meet him to understand

When your working so directly with someone you really have to get on with them don't you? I've always worked in workshops with 10+ guys who you can have a laugh with/ bounce things off so it's always different he's into his XBOX etc so we do talk about mutual interests sometimes.

Now he pays me adult trainee wages which a lot of companies can't afford to do as for not much more they could pay a qualified spark so i can't leave him and work for someone else easy...plus we don't work weekends which is ideal for me.He just knows with me he's getting basically a spark for a lot less money..plus a spark wouldn't sit back and do all the work.

Basically this is just a rant as i feel like screaming you guys can't help but sometimes it helps to talk my wife hates him too and knows all about this.

Anyone else get pissed off in work??
Lynny

8th Dec 09 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love my job sorry
Pip308

8th Dec 09 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my boss is a sound guy but a tosser, so we argue all the time, but next day is fine
Edd

8th Dec 09 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chuck it

but at the end of the day your his apprentice even if you dont want to hear it and thats what you have to put up with
Matt L

8th Dec 09 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont dislike my boss just hate the fact we're quiet and got fewer clients than when i first started yet he doesnt appear to want to advertise or get anymore (suppose saving money) but do just wish i was busier.
Dom

8th Dec 09 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like some of the people i've worked with who would make my piss boil. Thing is you need the job, so you just have knuckle down, smile and keep him sweet. Although it's certainly worth keeping an eye out on the job market see what else there is floating about.

Btw, can i ask what you did in concert industry? Was it mostly lifting, or did you do technical roles? Was it the case you fell into it or is there a certain way of getting into that industry?
Hammer

8th Dec 09 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like your problem is with him as a person. I assume you are working towards becoming fully qualified? If so wait until you are, set up yourself and then steal his customers. A couple of years of keeping your head down is nothing in the grand scheme of things.
CORSA NUT

8th Dec 09 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hammer i keep telling myself that everyday mate to get me through...wise words though cheers

Dom i just fell into it mate when i got my redundant from my first job as a sheet metal worker.Just worked up from there.
Carl

8th Dec 09 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Sounds like your problem is with him as a person. I assume you are working towards becoming fully qualified? If so wait until you are, set up yourself and then steal his customers. A couple of years of keeping your head down is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

This is what I was thinking, you will have to grinand bare it for a bit, how long you got left?
CORSA NUT

8th Dec 09 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On my second year at college now so should finish around November 2011 ish long time wierd starting a new career so late in life.

FFS i used to manage a workshop with 8 guys in and made a company from nothing to a 2 million turnover in 3 years Crazy.
AndyKent

8th Dec 09 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe just form of power trip - I have two immediate bosses and I swear they're both the same.

Both can be the soundest guys I know sometimes, and others can be a total arse about the stupidest little thing.

The latest was one of them complaining that I was taking holiday and didn't tell them about it (despite the fact they approved it themselves!).

Just have to live with it - luckily the sound sides to them are seen way more often than the crappy.
Nath

8th Dec 09 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get your Alien mates to zap him.

Or, seriously, Hammer is spot on.
CORSA NUT

8th Dec 09 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i think that's part of it Andy

I believe he feels threatend by me which is a bit sad.I got on with everyone we work with and customers alike whilst because of the way he is they tend to ask me stuff which he gets pissed off about becuase he's the qualifed one.

I tend to laugh a lot of stuff off as he's so lame sometimes if we go to a new customers house they think i'm the owner and he gets all het up and sais ' I'm the boss..i own the company...i'm the electrician' sad
Kevxx

my boss is a patronising dickhead, i know more runs/areas than him, i've worked there longer than him, yet he knows better than me. He also does the easiest/shortest run!

unlike you though, i've told my boss several times if he keeps talking down to me, i'm going to snap him. He doesn't own our company so can't sack me, but you're in a bit of a better get on with it situation.

it helps to think, "it's all good, think of your lovely car" thats whats getting me through just now.

[Edited on 08-12-2009 by Kevxx]
Paul_J

Thing is, he sounds like a typical 'middle management' style guy...

e.g. 'Can do the work... ' - but would prefer to the milk situation (do least he can) ... instead he prefers to try to charm people (fakely) and generally act the big man, claiming that he is the reason things are a success etc.

You get them in offices all over the country... usually fat lazy bastards. They do nothing but sit at their computer pushing emails about all day... then claim the project was a sucess due to them... note they don't lift a finger.

* This is what i aspire to be *
CORSA NUT

8th Dec 09 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bang on Paul lol why do people like this always get away with it though and come out smelling of roses???

Kev me and the wife are in a MUCH better situation than they are (3 kids mucho debt) regardless of him owning a company so i always think of that to get me through
Twiggy

8th Dec 09 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When he is on the shitter chuck a load of flamable liquid in the cubical and light it!

Errr hang on a sec!!

Seriously you will just have to stick it out dude... 2 years is nowt!
Paul_J

8th Dec 09 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Bang on Paul lol why do people like this always get away with it though and come out smelling of roses???

Thing is, you're making his job easy! He's the fall guy if it all goes shit / his workers do something crap... By you being so good, he's essentially suceeding at his job without trying!

Just put him in a situation where he relies on you 100% / without your assistance he will be fucked, then hand in your notice - unless he ups your pay / treats you on a similar level (if it's just 2 of you, offer to become a joint partner in company)...

If he says no chance, you quit and he fails... takes it hard and gives you a call a week later begging you to come back. If he says yes - you win.

Win - Win. He'll only realise how good you are when you're threatening to leave / have left.
Richardhhha

8th Dec 09 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to work for someone like that a few years ago used to drive me nuts, always taking credit for the work i did and not getting any gratification..

Just think you are only going to be working for him till your fully qualified then you'll be off. Just take it in your stride you'll get through it.
Paul_J

8th Dec 09 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alternatively try molesting his daughter... pedo bear style.
a_j_mair

8th Dec 09 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

end of the day you are the boy wither 16 or 28 and he is the boss, just have to keep your head down and get on with it. He does sound like a prick but alot of bosses are and as said he may feel threatened as you are of similar age etc so is just trying to enforce him being the boss for his own feeling of security
Cosmo

8th Dec 09 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My boss is like a God to me.
richc

8th Dec 09 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think mine is a bigger prick tbh.

He is the boss untill the MD is about.

Saw him this morning

'Morning mark' i said as he walks buy deliberatly ignoring me.

What a cunt, i wish he would die tbh. Manors cost nothing. He only got to where he is due to sucking the MD's cock. He has no social life, he spends every minute of the day there (from like 6.30 in a morning to like 7 at night), just following the MD around. And the MD loves it, as it makes him look powerfull.

GRRR winds me up thinking about it.
Cosmo

8th Dec 09 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

manners cost a fucking fortune though.
Joe

8th Dec 09 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't a perk of being the gaffer getting other people to do the work for you?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Rant time...Boss is pissing me off!!! 22 database queries in 0.0171590 seconds