corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Tiles.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tiles.....
Colin

User status: Offline
9th Dec 09 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the Kitchen/Utility.

Inspire me please.
Cosmo

9th Dec 09 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What colour you doing the walls or they staying light? Any tiles/splash backs to be fitted?
Colin

9th Dec 09 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think its just staying as it is for now, maybe a tile splash back in time.

All appliances will be stainless steel.
Cosmo

9th Dec 09 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id go for some really big light coloured ones personally, something neutral as it'll match in fine with the kitchen and will let you decorate the walls any way in the future without having to change the floor.
Colin

9th Dec 09 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jade likes these - http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=20001&partNumber=087897&Trail=searchtext>VISION

They are cheap but I think they look it as well!!

Want to get it right with tiles as once there down im not planning on lifting them again!!
Cosmo

9th Dec 09 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of a shite picture really, need to either see them in person or a pic of a room actually done in them.

You not got a big tilemart or something near you?
JadeM
Premium Member

9th Dec 09 at 15:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thing they're nice, that pic doesnt do them justice They're rectangular not square and they're a nice pale cream to match the worktops!

This is them in Black,

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=20001&partNumber=093516&Trail=searchtext>CREAM+FLOOR+TILES

Cosmo

9th Dec 09 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JadeM
I thing they're nice, that pic doesnt do them justice They're rectangular not square and they're a nice pale cream to match the worktops!

That sort of style and colour is what I was suggesting.

Cant really comment on those actual tiles as its a god awful pic
a_j_mair

9th Dec 09 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would got to a tile place and get better quality than the likes of BnQ or Homebase
Marc

9th Dec 09 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not tiled but recently completed kitchen:

Fridge/freezer and further storage not in shot. But its a full length cream enclosure with pull out storage either side.
JadeM
Premium Member

9th Dec 09 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
i would got to a tile place and get better quality than the likes of BnQ or Homebase

Is there anywhere you can recommed? My mums been nagging me to go to Hillington, she says there used to be a lot of tile places there?
JadeM
Premium Member

9th Dec 09 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Not tiled but recently completed kitchen:

Fridge/freezer and further storage not in shot. But its a full length cream enclosure with pull out storage either side.

That looks very nice Marc The colours nice and cosy
Ben G

9th Dec 09 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd go for a lighter colour. we have some off-white tiles in the kitchen that complement the dark marble-look worktops and dark wood cupboards well.

makes it feel a lot lighter in there aswell. nothing worse than a dull, dark kitchen.
JadeM
Premium Member

9th Dec 09 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i'd go for a lighter colour. we have some off-white tiles in the kitchen that complement the dark marble-look worktops and dark wood cupboards well.

makes it feel a lot lighter in there aswell. nothing worse than a dull, dark kitchen.

The ones I like are a pale cream a perfect match to the worktops, I think they will compliment the dark units

Now convince Colin!!

[Edited on 09-12-2009 by JadeM]
a_j_mair

9th Dec 09 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

porcelanosa is the biggest bit at hillington

we get all our tiles at a local place called discount tiles iirc in Mossblown, think they have a place in kilmarnock aswell

My big brother bought wee tiles for a splash back from BnQ or homebase and they were very light wieght, could spit through them. Alot were scratched aswell, just cheap rubbish tbh
JadeM
Premium Member

9th Dec 09 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
porcelanosa is the biggest bit at hillington

we get all our tiles at a local place called discount tiles iirc in Mossblown, think they have a place in kilmarnock aswell

My big brother bought wee tiles for a splash back from BnQ or homebase and they were very light wieght, could spit through them. Alot were scratched aswell, just cheap rubbish tbh

Thanks for the advice. I'm just about to check Hillington online to see whats there It's porcelanosa we've got in the bathrooms supplied by the builder.

New Poll