corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what happens if u get caught speeding in france/ europe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what happens if u get caught speeding in france/ europe
LoudCorsa

User status: Offline
5th Mar 03 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just wondering if u get points on your british licence or what? i know in france u get on the spot fines but do they endors your licence/inform insurance or what? or is it purley financial?

chaz

www.woah.co.uk
IntaCepta

5th Mar 03 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i shouldn't think so,
just a fine and a slap on the wrist....
Joff

5th Mar 03 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most of the time financial, but ranges from hundreds to thousands depending on the mood of the local French rozzers.
Could also be a spell in the local jail.
Ardencorsa

5th Mar 03 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been told by people that have been to france that the system is kurupt and that bribery works a treat.
Nath

5th Mar 03 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sisters mate's dad got stopped doing 100mph on a 70mph road in Croatia and they fined him £3!! I sh!t you not!!!
Joff

5th Mar 03 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bribe the Police at your peril. They can already fuck you over for speeding, but add bribery and they'll make sure you can't sit down for a week.
Pete

5th Mar 03 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In France they can impound your car for speeding! And with the tolls they can work out your average speed so be careful!

I found all this out after getting back from France and driving like a twat at 160mph down the motorways....

The police were c*nts over there, our little convoy (3 cars) got pulled over for various things.
Andy_J

6th Mar 03 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pete is right, speeding in France is dodgy.

The toll booths work out your average speed, the traffic cops have guns, like to use them, and they can take you to police cells and impound your vehicle if you are unable to pay the on the spot fine.

Plus you have to remember that the French cant drive for shite, and their motorway accident rate is phenomenal. Ive seen sot totally horrific accidents over there.

They do have 130kph / 88mph sections on some Autoroutes though
Pete

6th Mar 03 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That aside, they're great roads for speeding on, so go for it! Just make sure you pull off for a while at a petrol station between tolls....
Phil Hall

6th Mar 03 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My uncle in Detroit was pulled for speeding in his Iroc Z. Caught doing 156mph on the I75. Went to court and his lawyer advised him to bribe the judge. $500 got him off scot free. I shit u not.
The whole world is corrupt.
LoudCorsa

6th Mar 03 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm, was just wondering - if they figure it out a tolls do they actually arrest/fine u there or doews that come later - because to be honest i dont plan on staying in france/europe for more than 6days and if its a case of like speed cameras like over here what are they gonna do? surley they wont have uk plates on their data base and even if they do - as i f i wud pay the fine once back in this country, i cant se me getting extradited for a speeding fine? - its just me and my pal might be taking the cozzie for a bit of european action and if possible wanted to razz the tits off it, just wondered what the implications wud be. Anyone got any actuall experience of getting busted or whatr and how they catch you?

chaz

www.woah.co.uk
Phil Hall

6th Mar 03 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thaey are actually quite lenient on the contenient, except Switzerland. I dont have any personal experience as everytime Ive travelled through Europe ive been on a coach or train. They def dont have the same levels of police presence on the mways.
frenchcorsa@work

6th Mar 03 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am French and in France you must be very careful about speeding coz you can loose a lot of money and your driving licence even if you are english! ;-)
if you are not caught in France the police can ask to an english court to find you and you will pay!!!
EUROPE!!!
if you really want to speed on a motorway go to Germany!!!
just an advice!.
LoudCorsa

6th Mar 03 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its kinda a set route tho and paying isnt a problem got anyideas how much a fine is?- surely they fit into certain boundaries?

chaz

www.woah.co.uk
LoudCorsa

11th Mar 03 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what happens if u get caught speeding in france/ europe 22 database queries in 0.0132141 seconds