corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » x16xe missing!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe missing!
jamesy1990

User status: Offline
   13th Dec 09 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey . im having problems with my corsa sport x16xe . i recently fitted a decat and 4 branch manifold i removed the ait con whilst doing . once everything was back togeather it took it for a test run everything seemed ok but then a week later it started missing but only when engine got warm and there is no engine managment light coming up :S . its nothing to do with leads or plugs as i done them whilst doing my manifold im totaly stumped on this so and advice would be appreciated!
Tiger

13th Dec 09 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It might not be a problem associated with your mods. The heads are prone to going porous, it could be a problem like that.

Alternatively, it could be your MAS, but that should have given you a fault light. Try unplugging your MAS while the engine is running and see if it brings up your ECU warning light.
jamesy1990

13th Dec 09 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im new to eco tec and im realy realy regreting it . whats the MAS? nah the heads ok i changed the oil last week and there was no sign of water in my oil

[Edited on 13-12-2009 by jamesy1990]
Tiger

13th Dec 09 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its the Mass Air Sensor thats on the duct between your airbox and your injectors if I remember rightly (been 9 years since I had my old GSi now).......Should be a plug on the loom connecting the loom to your MAS - if you take the MAS apart, its just 3 resistors connected by very very fine wires, of which you should not break or damage!!! So I found out upon fitting a K&N 57i which shook my MAS to bits.

[Edited on 13-12-2009 by Tiger]
jamesy1990

13th Dec 09 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oww the air flow meter yeah i kn0ow its a common problem i will try and let u know how it goes mate thanks
jamesy1990

13th Dec 09 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have tried that and no joy . im thinking it could may be the temp sender anyone else had this problem ?
SportBoy

13th Dec 09 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its missing when warm is normally somthing to do with plugs/leads or coilpack .. and you car doesnt have a airflow meter it uses a map sensor which bolts to the bulkhead. if the vac pipe to that has a split in it that will cause it to run shyt.
Tiger

13th Dec 09 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it missing on just one cyl.? If it is, find out which one and start working from there, plugs, fittings etc...Check the spark when the engine is warm too on the cyl. that's missing. Could be a coilpack for the cylinder gone down.

Like I said, My MAS went, and only misfired when it was warm......When I stripped it, one of the filaments had broken inside, it sounds very similar to your problem.
SportBoy

13th Dec 09 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

his wont have a mas as its a x16 .. you had a gsi which is a c16 and that does have a mas

take the plugs out and look at the colour of the tips , if one is a slightly diff colour you know its either that lead / plug or coilpack.
Linch

13th Dec 09 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
The heads are prone to going porous, it could be a problem like that.

Are They

And as said if its only doing it when its warm could be the coil pack...they do dissipate inside with getting hot.
Tiger

13th Dec 09 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Linch
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
The heads are prone to going porous, it could be a problem like that.

Are They

Yeah, the 'C' engines were anyway.
ChrisJ 16V

14th Dec 09 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did the new 4 branch allow the use of the EGR valve? maybe this has something to do with the running of the car?
Richardhhha

14th Dec 09 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the egr was going up the swanny it would run like a bag of nails all the time,

and that silver thing on the manifold isnt a egr its part of the SAI

loking more like the coil pack is breaking down when getting hot,

try doing a paper clip test even tho the eml isnt on it will still log faults and will tell you them with a paper clip test

[Edited on 14-12-2009 by Richardhhha]
jamesy1990

15th Dec 09 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

problem solved thanks for the advice guys . i ended up taking the inlet manifold off to see behind it turned out the wireing was a mess and the cam sensor wire was bared back and the 3 wires that ran through the core were all touching ! runs sweet as a nut now

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » x16xe missing! 22 database queries in 0.0115089 seconds