corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Was there someone on here that uses Labview at work/Uni?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Was there someone on here that uses Labview at work/Uni?
oceansoul

User status: Offline
14th Dec 09 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need assistance with the random number generator.
Ta.
ed

14th Dec 09 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi
oceansoul

15th Dec 09 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been given an assignment and have done most of it. But its based on a random number generator to provide 4 numbers between 1 and 10 that users have to guess. I put the random number generator block and a multiplied by 10. But the random number generator constantly generates a number and i cant seem to stop it. If i put it in a "Do while" Loop then none of the other bits worked i.e. the compare generated number and users guess :s
ed

15th Dec 09 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Without seeing the VI it's difficult to tell what the problem is. I assume the whole VI is in a while loop, so your random numbers are constantly updating.

What you could do is use a task sequence that has a while loop that loops until the user has entered all the guesses, once they have been entered they can be tunnelled to the next frame. Then the next sequence will have a while look that will loop 4 times filling and array with your random numbers. The random number array will then be tunnelled to the next frame along with the guess numbers. You can then use your array and guesses to check for matches in whatever way you like.
oceansoul

23rd Dec 09 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi again. Ive my programming all working now. Just one more thing however, ive got my VI here

but when i press the run button i want all the input boxes to default to 0, not at there previous value. Ive look in all the settings for the input box etc.

TIA

[Edited on 23-12-2009 by oceansoul]

New Poll