corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Laptop + Virus = HELP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Laptop + Virus = HELP
Shell
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Dec 09 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, no telling me I'm stupid or whatever.
Earlier on today, I was sent a virus via msn. Normally I'd never click these links but it came up when my friend and I were mid conversation about what someone looked like, then the link came up with "photo".
Anyway, my computer starts signing me in and out of msn, sending this link to others. I changed my password and it stopped signing me out. I downloaded microsoft software essentials to do a virus scan, at the advice of Pow. During the scan, the laptop froze and turned itself off. Then it continually did this everytime I turned it back on.
I then tried to format the computer to it's original settings. It did the whole format(2 years of data gone, luckily nothing important, just sentimental things) but when it tried to load up, it turned itself off again. Now I have a message saying an unexpected error occured and it cannot install windows. My assumption is that the virus has made it's way into the partition that the computer is restored to when you format.
My question is this:
WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO?!
JonnyJ

15th Dec 09 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy a mac.

Sorry
Shell
Premium Member

15th Dec 09 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's it. I'm gonna kick your head in. C'mere. Right now.
JonnyJ

15th Dec 09 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can kick my head in on msn if you wa.....oh wait
Shell
Premium Member

15th Dec 09 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm scared to open msn on the downstairs p.c incase the virus is lying waiting for me. So I'll make do with being on here.
Another question folks, today I ordered christmas gifts and was given confirmation emails. Is it possible for this sneaky virus to get my bank details somehow?
Tiger

15th Dec 09 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Petrol, match.
Shell
Premium Member

15th Dec 09 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suspected as much
andy1868

15th Dec 09 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when you're formatting it, are you deleting the old partition? it shouldn't restore to the old partition
Wrighty

15th Dec 09 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

youve formatted the drive, so now there is nothing on it? orr..
Shell
Premium Member

15th Dec 09 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With fujitsu siemens, as far as I was aware, it formatted to a partition on the laptop that has the basic factory settings. It did the format, then tried to set up again, i.e install windows etc, and now has an error message saying the computer was unexpectedly shutdown(which it did itself) or an unexpected error had occured and it couldn't set up. That's all it continually says now.
sand-eel

15th Dec 09 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got the cd with the startup settings?
Shell
Premium Member

16th Dec 09 at 22:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't Mr Eel, i just restored factory setting from the hard drive. Someone is giving me a lend of vista tomorrow though.
Sam
Premium Member

17th Dec 09 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boot Windows into Safe Mode and run any anti virus software then - that should hopefully make it easier to detect and remove any viruses/malware on your computer.
_Allan_

17th Dec 09 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can get into safe mode try malware bytes, adaware, spybot, AVG or Avast to scan the laptop. All can be downloaded free onto a mem stick and placed onto the laptop once in safe mode.

New Poll