corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Couple of Clio 172 questions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Couple of Clio 172 questions
Graham88

User status: Offline
16th Dec 09 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly what colour is this?

It's got a Serv light on which is apparently an engine management light? Anyone shed light on that?

Air bag light is permanently on aswell, someone said all Clios are like that?

Cheers
pow
Premium Member

16th Dec 09 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SERV light is like an engine management light yes, has something (I assume the airbag) which needs looking at but it won't stop you from driving it.
broster
Premium Member

16th Dec 09 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it has serv and air bag light on, 99% of the time this can be solved by cutting the seat belt plug off and soldering the wires together under the passenger seat. 10mins to fix tops. fiddle with it see if it turns off. always a good haggling point tho

[Edited on 16-12-2009 by broster]
Graham88

16th Dec 09 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't that a bit of a bodge?

My mate has a fault code reader so we'll see what comes up, just the Serv light confused me as to me thats a service light
broster
Premium Member

16th Dec 09 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure you can buy a new plug, its the plug thats the problem, the pins in the plug play up, hence remove the plug, problem solved, not really a bodge at least itll work properly if needed.

i had it with mine, so have several customers, it is a common fault and it does bring airbag and serv light on.
pow
Premium Member

16th Dec 09 at 15:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same happens with the 106/206's, it's an easy fix
Graham88

16th Dec 09 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you're saying even if you solder the wires together it just means the light won't come on, but the airbag will still work?
broster
Premium Member

16th Dec 09 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah... basically cut the plug out the equation and wire the wires together as if there was a plug there....

There is a common problem with Clios with the the SERV and AIRBAG lights come on it usually happened in the first few month but older cars out of the 3 yr warently have had the problem. Its due to the fact that the wires under the seat don't make a good conection and they can give a reading of a resitance over 4 Ohms when they do this it causes the warning light to come on. A simple short term fix is to fiddle with the wires under the seat and the problem will go away.
On the early cars the solution is to look under each of the seats. You will see a grey connector.
On the passenger side disconnect it and cut the Blue and Brown wires off both sides. Then solder the Blue wire to blue, and the Brown to the other brown. Make sure you use insulating sleeves over the soldered connections..
Under the driver seat there are two pairs of wires in the grey connector. Only cut the Blue and Brown wires and solder them together as above. Then reconnect the connector.
On the facelift cars it is ONLY the passenger side connector that is affected.. So again cut and solder the Blue and brown wires.
Graham88

16th Dec 09 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok cheers mate I'll give that a go

Do you know what the exact colour of the car is?
Chris x

16th Dec 09 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Selling the Fiesta?
BYRON

16th Dec 09 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it not albi blue?
broster
Premium Member

16th Dec 09 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mondial blue
gavin18787
Premium Member

16th Dec 09 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
Mondial blue

Yer its a cup by the looks of it and this is the colour that 99% of them are

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Jambo

16th Dec 09 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine had service light/airbag light on. Big wire underneath passenger seat, pushed it back into the whole it came out of and that switched it off never bothered me since
Craig P

16th Dec 09 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah as Broster has already said all you do with the Airbag is cut the plug away (Bypass it) This is a very common fault on VW's as we get them in work ALL the time.

It just the resistance get's to high causing the light to come.

Easy repair,Although some time's on the VW's they need a new crash sensor and a wiring repair.This may not be the case on Clio's though?

Graham88

17th Dec 09 at 03:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Corsa B
Selling the Fiesta?

Na mate, I love it too much! This is my mates car that he just bought, I have driven it and I love it though but he has one now so I can't buy the same car
quote:
Originally posted by broster
Mondial blue

Cheers mate

And cheers Jambo and Chris, I will have a go at it at the weekend but seems a very easy fix

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Couple of Clio 172 questions 23 database queries in 0.0159950 seconds