corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » D Turbo Question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author D Turbo Question
Chopster

User status: Offline
16th Dec 09 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much can you tune these up?
i know you can wind the turbos out and turn the fuel pump up but how can you get maximum power off a 1.5 td or contemplating swapping for a 1.7td engine?

Anyone know of a decent exhaus system for them aswell?

cheers
djgritt
Premium Member

16th Dec 09 at 23:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Easiest, cheapest and simplest way on a 1.5TD IMO.

Improve Induction
Improve Exhaust + Decat where applicable
Increase Boost Pressure
Increase Fuel
Add Intercooler

My missus has a 1.7TD Cav, we have fitted a sealed induction kit, larger bore exhaust System cat back (from V6 Cav) + decat, Increased Boost Pressure (from stock 10 to 22psi!), Increased fuelling to suit,
She is looking for a larger Intercooler (Frontera) to front mount at the mo too.
It goes well!
sebbyg

16th Dec 09 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kris_td used to have a corsa td, he got 99bhp on a RR. that was without an intercooler aswell. mine has just got a cone filter direct on to the turbo, fuel pump tweaked and turbo running at 1bar
davcohen

17th Dec 09 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r80GYsw-D_I

my old one, no intercooler but was boosting 17psi with a straight through exhaust and filter close to the turbo
sebbyg

17th Dec 09 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dave, did u find having a straight through exhaust made a difference in performance?
davcohen

17th Dec 09 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sebbyg
dave, did u find having a straight through exhaust made a difference in performance?

I would highly recommend it, I had almost no turbo lag which amazed me. Currently i have a Mk3 Astra Isuzu with the standard system and a de-cat which allowed it to come upto boost quicker so adding a straight through system with a slightly larger bore will do you wonders

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » D Turbo Question 22 database queries in 0.1650479 seconds