corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » misfiring corsa redtop!!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author misfiring corsa redtop!!!!!
mod_redtop

User status: Offline
   24th Dec 09 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv got a corsa redtop with the early c20xe out of a astra gte n it has developed a bad misfire.i have changed the plugs n leads?any1 else got any ideas?been informed it mite be the ecu(the ecu mite be from the later c20xe ie:astra gsi n the ecu mite be searching for the lambda/o2 sensor which my engine does not have?????????????
can somebody please help
daine
Premium Member

24th Dec 09 at 23:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The `c` in c20xe means its got a CAT, all CAT`s need a oxygen sensor, do you mean your`s is a straight 20xe ?,If so mate change your ECU
mod_redtop

25th Dec 09 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks for the info,i got the car off a young lad n it came with no history or owt (i know it was abit of gamble) but i thought it wud b ok,mre fool me.the lad told me it was the engine out of astra gte coz it had a gte chip in it???is ther any visual differences in the c20xe and the 20xe apart from the cat?coz it may just be that its got a de-cat pipe on?wer bouts is the o2 sensor located so i can search for it?many thanks for any help people!!!
DAZ1985

25th Dec 09 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in the manifold the lambda will be if thier is one, or look for 20xe stamped in the block but that doesnt mean its not on c20xe management

have you got eml ?

paperclip test?
mod_redtop

25th Dec 09 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mate the eml is on but iv done the paper clip test and it comes up with throttle positioning sensor and another sequence of flashing lights that just comes back as an unknown error mate???the manifold is a 4-2-1 stainless one but if it neede an o2 wud it have one in the after market stainless manifold aswell mate?
DAZ1985

25th Dec 09 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it may have been removed but then you'd get a lambda fault on paperclip test iirc

tps is it adjustable or fixed?

what other codes are being read? engine off will give a few anyway but thats because its off
mod_redtop

25th Dec 09 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only getting them two codes pal,iv been told that it could poss b the ecu off a later engine n its searching for an o2 sensor that the earlier engine wud not have?
DAZ1985

25th Dec 09 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

early engine on c20xe ecu will be fine as long as it got lambda so need c20xe loom to match

when is it missing? tps fault (high or low volt?)
mod_redtop

25th Dec 09 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its misfiring as soon as i touch the accelerator even wen sat still n i rev it it just miss's every time mate.its really doing my head in lol,coz im wanting to get it running ryt so i can prep it for the track.
daine
Premium Member

25th Dec 09 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh I think it could be tps, coss there none ajustable on the late engine
mod_redtop

25th Dec 09 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so it myt just be a case of replacing the tps?
daine
Premium Member

25th Dec 09 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You say the engine starts and ticks over, but when you touch the throttle it starts to mis ?
mod_redtop

25th Dec 09 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly that mate,u got it.is it that u think it cud b?
mod_redtop

25th Dec 09 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does any1 know wot voltage the tps shud b putting out n il check it 2mora?many thanks guys!!!
mod_redtop

27th Dec 09 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv now found out that my engine is the earlier pre-cat 20xe engine,any help with the misfire problem then people???many thanx
daine
Premium Member

27th Dec 09 at 22:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi mate, tbh I tested mine by puting a volt metre on and moving the throttle very slow, its just a variable resistor so the volts should go up smoothly, if they don`t and there very iratic change it

New Poll