corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance question
dean101287

User status: Offline
25th Dec 09 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car is currenty off the road and my brother has a car that is MOT'd but is currently sorn because he has another car and didnt want to pay the tax. He has said I can borrow the car and all I have to do is tax it. Could I just swap the insurance over from my GSi or will they not do it because Im not the registered keeper?

Thanks and merry christmas people
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Dec 09 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can insure a car even if you're not the registered keeper but you'll need to declare it and that may change things. Different companies will deal with it in different ways.

Just need to call them and see what they say.
dean101287

25th Dec 09 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahhh thats positive then, I know they are going to try and get every penny they can but hopefully going from the GSi to a 1.6 tigra it should be relatively the same. Thanks Ian
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Dec 09 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tigra is group 12, GSi is 11 although if its newer it'll have factory immobiliser which the Corsa doesn't. See what they say.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance question 22 database queries in 0.0082700 seconds