corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C16XE Corsa GSI

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C16XE Corsa GSI
daine
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   25th Dec 09 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took car for a blast yestarday, ran great for first 40 miles ( needed to pop yets a chesterfield, so good excuse). On the way to the motor way it started with a matalic clicking noise every time i changed gear, so I ignored it and pressed on, 9 miles from home the dash lights came on so I dipped the clutch and stopped.
On checking today, the timing pully has come loose and damaged the crank shaft sprocket
Can any body tell me, are they the same on the X14XE + X16XE ?
daine
Premium Member

26th Dec 09 at 10:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come on guy`s, some one must know ????????????????????????????????
daine
Premium Member

26th Dec 09 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, NO answers so hear goes for note, have a X14XE at the bottom of garden, I`ll strip that, and let ppl know !
Ellis

26th Dec 09 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, they are most likely the same - if they are not, I will eat my hat.
daine
Premium Member

26th Dec 09 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok before we start `Ellis `would like salt & pepper, before you start eating your hat LOL.
The pully has a cut out in it to line up and a hole, the X14XE does not, it just has the cut out.
the crank sprocket has a `c` pin for the hole and a lug for the cut out, the X14XE just has the lug.
So if you change them both they do fit cars now up and running.

New Poll