corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » How would you improve MW2?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How would you improve MW2?
Tiger

User status: Offline
31st Dec 09 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the minute, the continuous dropping out of connections is driving me to dispair. The whole 'could not migrate host' scenario is just crap.

I had 15 kills and no deaths the other day, the connection slowed, slowed, slowed then dropped and I lost all my points.
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Dec 09 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would improve it by un-installing it and going back to WaW or MW, which I have.
mwg

31st Dec 09 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd like it to stop respawning the person I just killed so they are then behind me and kill me.

I dont really have any connection problems. My internet seems to cope with it well
Doug

31st Dec 09 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Re-spawning issues, knife 'glitch' class and the whole 'sniper frog' mystery to be solved.
Nic Barnes

31st Dec 09 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
Re-spawning issues, knife 'glitch' class and the whole 'sniper frog' mystery to be solved.

yeah thats it. i have no other issues with the game. online it never drops connection and always migrates host properly. its the game itself with its little spawn issues that piss me off.

edit, looking forward to the upcoming xbox exclusive maps for it. should make it a better game for a while.

[Edited on 31-12-2009 by Nic Barnes]
mwg

31st Dec 09 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the sniper frog mystery?
Nic Barnes

31st Dec 09 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
whats the sniper frog mystery?

one minute you are doing well, can kill anyone easily. next minute you get killed too easy yet you are playing no different. people who are doing badly all of a sudden become invincible and get rediculous care packages while people doing well get a counter uav.

DannyB
Premium Member

31st Dec 09 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
edit, looking forward to the upcoming xbox exclusive maps for it. should make it a better game for a while.

Tiger

31st Dec 09 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes

one minute you are doing well, can kill anyone easily. next minute you get killed too easy yet you are playing no different. people who are doing badly all of a sudden become invincible and get rediculous care packages while people doing well get a counter uav.

Too true about the care packages!!
Tiger

31st Dec 09 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My internet is sound, it must be some of the hosts, but it happens at least twice every 30 mins.
Nic Barnes

31st Dec 09 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i was rank 70, i got counter uav or ammo all the time. i then prestiged and was rank 4 or 5 and i got 2 ac130's and a pavelow in one game.

you can notice the flaws in mw2 if you go back and play cod4 or world at war. if you are good, you are just good. this one seems to make you good, then bad, then average, then terrible then good then bad etc just whatever it wants.
Nic Barnes

31st Dec 09 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

infact harrisp also did prestige and while rank 2 i think it was got 2 chopper gunners and several air strikes out of care packages in one game.
Tiger

31st Dec 09 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strangely, and off topic, I havent experienced one game where someone has nuked it, until yesterday where there were 2 in 2 consecutive games
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Dec 09 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That happened to me, for about 3 weeks I never seen one, then I seen 5 in 2 days.
colonel_g

31st Dec 09 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would sort out the fucking campers, if you stand in a area for more than 30 seconds you get blown the fuck up, it winds me up each and every time i get killed by a camper, because i go into revenge mode and then make silly mistakes and die another 3 or 4 times.fucking cunts
Dom

31st Dec 09 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest, spawning in COD4 is toss too - you'll either spawn right in the middle of the shit going down, right in front of an enemy or right on the other side of the map for you to only get sniped
Nic Barnes

31st Dec 09 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
to be honest, spawning in COD4 is toss too - you'll either spawn right in the middle of the shit going down, right in front of an enemy or right on the other side of the map for you to only get sniped

a lot of that is due to people knowing them maps and spawn points far too well though. mw2 seems to spawn people wherever it wants to. its completely random.

on underpass level i was in the sewer bit very close to the wall with my back. i shot 2 people, one of which respawned in the gap behind me to knife me. and no, no tactical insertion. it just decided to put them there as i just killed them.
Nic Barnes

31st Dec 09 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually its sometimes good to watch the kill cams as you can see you killing someone, them come back to life walk 5 steps and kill you back. this is where you notice it more if you watch them.

i have no problem with campers. should be able to play the game that way if you wish. mw2 though will respawn you right next to them so its not an issue killing them.
mwg

31st Dec 09 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I get killed by someone camping I just watch the killcam to find out where they are hiding then make it my mission to find them and take revenge. Cant beat coming up behind them to find them lying down sniping as you blow their brains out

[Edited on 31-12-2009 by mwg]
Nic Barnes

31st Dec 09 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
If I get killed by someone camping I just watch the killcam to find out where they are hiding then make it my mission to find them and take revenge. Cant beat coming up behind them to find them lying down sniping as you blow their brains out

[Edited on 31-12-2009 by mwg]

you dont have to it will spawn you behind them so you can kill them easier. its the mw2 way.
stubs

31st Dec 09 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fiestaturbo1984
i would sort out the fucking campers, if you stand in a area for more than 30 seconds you get blown the fuck up, it winds me up each and every time i get killed by a camper, because i go into revenge mode and then make silly mistakes and die another 3 or 4 times.fucking cunts

I bet you'd camp up like a sissy little girl in a real life situation. Some people like to play that way, just deal with it.

Personally I hate camping as I get bored after a couple of seconds. I'm happier hunting people down than sitting in 1 spot and getting 3/4 kills per game.

I love finding someone who's camped up, as it's an easy kill next time you're nearby
mwg

31st Dec 09 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't mind it if they made it so PS3 and Xbox owners can play each other. They wont do that though.
Nic Barnes

31st Dec 09 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for many reasons it would never work.
dava.

31st Dec 09 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maps need to be more random,

iv played it online since it hit shops, ( fair enough probably not as much as some guys on here) but iv racked up 2 dyas of online play, in those two days iv played rust once!
gets too repetitive jumping from scrapyard to karchi then to wasteland all the time, maybe just me mind you,

if there was at least two more maps and rust came into play that bit more often it would mix it up alot more
Nic Barnes

31st Dec 09 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah rust never comes up much. ive probabyl played on it 3 times in the last week.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll