corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » My Diet

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Diet
mattk

User status: Offline
6th Jan 10 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im back in training now and very sore atm, not been the gym since about late september

Ive always struggled with the eating though :( I shouldnt be too bad once Im into my routine

Im currently on

Brekkie 7:15ish am: 3 scrambled eggs
Mid Morning 11:00am: full chicken breast and 100g of brown rice
Afternoon: 3:00pm same as above
Train 5:00pm imediate shake aftarwards
Tea 6:00pm: Fish / Turkey / Beef / Chicken with broccoli, sweetcorn, new potatoes / rice
Bed 10:00 - 11:00pm Shake

Also have a bag of peanuts to munch on in the van and an apple or summat

Aims are size and a bit of weight loss, training in the gym 3 times a week, swimming once and playing 5 a side footy once, started walking short distances I would usualy use the car for and cycling on a weekend

[Edited on 06-01-2010 by mattk]
Cosmo

6th Jan 10 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

edit >> disable smileys
mattk

6th Jan 10 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HA how have I never noticed that, muchos thanks
DizzyRebel

7th Jan 10 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats around 120-150g protein a day and not many calories. Although its a good clean diet for fat loss, you wont build much size with it.

At breakfast id add some porridge and a scoop or 2 of whey protein to bump it up to around 70 g of protein as the first 30g of protein you eat in the day is taken by the immune system, and 3 eggs will have about 18g so you need far far more protein to break the night time fast.

Instead of one chicken breast and rice, make that 2 chicken breasts and rice and also try adding some fruit like a small apple or satsuma etc at each meal.

Before training have a 25g scoop of whey and maybe 200ml of orange juice to give you an insulin spike.

after training have your shake, but also an apple and some more fruit juice.

tea is fine, but you need something between tea and your pre bed shake. cottage cheese or something at around 8pm would be adviseable.

if you want to pack on size, forget fat loss and just go for an all out clean calorie assault with heaps of protein. if you're training hard enough, you will seldom store any as fat!
mattk

7th Jan 10 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for that Dizzy, just give my mum my shopping list
FruitBooTeR

7th Jan 10 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a question...im doing the same as you Matt

Ive just started at the gym and my goal is to bulk up and have a bigger chest, arms,shoulders etc....BUT I also want a toned stomach.

What is best so I can achieve both, if Dizzy you say dont bother with weight loss?

So far at the gym my routine is

2.5k on the running machine
200 Sit ups

Move onto chest and arm exercises

More sit ups

More chest and arms

More sits ups

Arms

Im just starting to think about my diet now, I have some whey protein at home which helps put on mass which I had from last year so might start taking that agin.

So whats best for a nice 6 pack and big upper body. (Exercise and diet)
C2RL R

7th Jan 10 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thread hijacking:

there is so many places online to buy whey protein its propper confusing. can someone point me in the direction of what i should be looking for please?
DizzyRebel

7th Jan 10 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
Ive got a question...im doing the same as you Matt

Ive just started at the gym and my goal is to bulk up and have a bigger chest, arms,shoulders etc....BUT I also want a toned stomach.

What is best so I can achieve both, if Dizzy you say dont bother with weight loss?

So far at the gym my routine is

2.5k on the running machine
200 Sit ups

Move onto chest and arm exercises

More sit ups

More chest and arms

More sits ups

Arms

Im just starting to think about my diet now, I have some whey protein at home which helps put on mass which I had from last year so might start taking that agin.

So whats best for a nice 6 pack and big upper body. (Exercise and diet)

No matter how you tray and attack it or structure it. The only way to build muscle is to eat more calories than you burn, and unfortunately an unavoidable side effect of that is fat gain, albeit not a great deal but you will gain fat if you are eating enough to build muscle. Ive put Body fat on over the winter now whilst bulking up, i dont car though because come april ill be starting a cutting phase to shred the fat thats covering up my newly formed muscle.

If all you train is chest, arms and situps at the gym after running then you will never gain size.

To make a muscle grow, you have to force it to move loads it is not used to moving... and contrary to your belife, a big back does more for upper body composition than a chest will, and arms will never grow untill your back and chest are big enough to warrant large arms.

Also situps do fuck all for ab strength or development, so sack those off right away.

Your best bet is a 3 day full body split that i gave to somone in the p90x thread about 2 or 3 pages ago so look for that. also do cardio AFTER weights, never before.

Edit, heres the programme:

First off get your diet sorted, Break meals into 5 - 6 smaller portions to have every 2-3 hrs. Each meal should contain a protein source of some description, the best ones are meats so plenty of chicken, tuna, beef, ham, turkey, fish, tuna etc.

A good quality whey protein powder such as PHd, USN, Reflex etc would be a good addition to your diet. 2 or 3 a day will mean you at least have ingested your maintenance protein quota for the day.

Dont go overboard with carbs, when bulking its fine to add some, but keep portions small, so if you are having rice, only have 50-100g at a time. Oats are about the best carb to eat so have those as a staple part of your breakfast.

Training wise, start off with 3 full body workouts a week comprising of (assuming you have barbell, dumbells and weights and a chin bar only) doing these exercises in this order.

Benchpress
towel grip horizontal pullups
shoulder press
reverse grip chins
Dips
Deadlift
Back squat.

Then the week after reverse the order of the exercises. Do the exercises in 4 sets of 8 reps with a weight you can use comfortably but not too easily.

do this for 2 months with a god diet and you will add some strength and mass. After that its time to start something a little more focussed.

[Edited on 07-01-2010 by DizzyRebel]
Laney

7th Jan 10 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
thread hijacking:

there is so many places online to buy whey protein its propper confusing. can someone point me in the direction of what i should be looking for please?

http://www.affordablesupplements.co.uk/Protein.59/Whey+Protein.19/Instant+Whey+%25252B+FREE+Shaker+or+Pitstop.3483.html
C2RL R

7th Jan 10 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ordered. should be here tomorrow. cheers pal.
will_doyle
Banned

7th Jan 10 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe some cottage cheese and peanut butter before bed?
FruitBooTeR

7th Jan 10 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Dizzy

So what would be best 40% Carbs 40% Protein 20% Good Fats?

Or should I have more like 20% carbs 60% protein 20% fats

Ill be fine with sorting the exercises out, the gym I go to has everything so will come up with a good traing plan.

Its the diet I need to sort and tbh its quite complicated.

So its best to not try and do lots of cardio work to loose stomach fat as I proberly wont and ill end up eating into my muscle tissue? Instead get a large calorie intake 2500-300 mainly from protein and concentrate on lifting heavy weights using all areas of the body.

Also am I correct in thinking that although you may look at yourself and wish you had a 6 pack etc, if your loading on the calories and building muscle mass once youve done this for say 6 months, then do a fat stripping scheme it will bring out all hte muscles that youve build and show of your freshly toned abs etc?

Im gonna have a good read throught that other thread later and jot a few notes down and try and work everything out.
Laney

7th Jan 10 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ordered. should be here tomorrow. cheers pal.

Just as a warning I ordered mine last week and its still not arrived which I'm putting down to the weather. Normally they're incredibly prompt with their service
C2RL R

7th Jan 10 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didn't think of that! probably shouldn't have paid for next day delivery then
Cosmo

7th Jan 10 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive used Monster Supplements a few times now and service has been great.
C2RL R

7th Jan 10 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got any links to the actual stuff you buy? i'm new to all this as you can probably tell.
Wrighty

7th Jan 10 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
got any links to the actual stuff you buy? i'm new to all this as you can probably tell.

if youve ordered reflex youve bought one of the best on the market, nutritionally and taste wise

iv used maximuscle, phd, reflex, and now trying boditronics. i doubt id buy any other now tbh all 3 taste awesome.
C2RL R

7th Jan 10 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cool. is it better with milk or water?
DizzyRebel

7th Jan 10 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
Cheers Dizzy

So what would be best 40% Carbs 40% Protein 20% Good Fats?

Or should I have more like 20% carbs 60% protein 20% fats

Ill be fine with sorting the exercises out, the gym I go to has everything so will come up with a good traing plan.

Its the diet I need to sort and tbh its quite complicated.

So its best to not try and do lots of cardio work to loose stomach fat as I proberly wont and ill end up eating into my muscle tissue? Instead get a large calorie intake 2500-300 mainly from protein and concentrate on lifting heavy weights using all areas of the body.

Also am I correct in thinking that although you may look at yourself and wish you had a 6 pack etc, if your loading on the calories and building muscle mass once youve done this for say 6 months, then do a fat stripping scheme it will bring out all hte muscles that youve build and show of your freshly toned abs etc?

Im gonna have a good read throught that other thread later and jot a few notes down and try and work everything out.

Pretty much spot on there mate you have the right idea.

Cardio isnt much benefit and always have a protein rich diet.
Pop

7th Jan 10 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dizzy what's your thoughts on this?...

I've been reading up a lot more about the ectomorph body type and several different sources suggest a calorie intake balance of 50:30:20 carbsrotein:fats

Do your views differ in any way? The bulk of carb intake would be unprocessed carbs.

[Edited on 07-01-2010 by Pop]
DizzyRebel

7th Jan 10 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It could work for you. All you can do is try it and see how you get on. Usually id start somone off on a 60% protein, 20% carbs 20% fats for an outright bulk and set their daily calories at 500 above maintenance requirements, check gains after 4 weeks and if they havnt gained over 2lb sclae weight then up the carbs another 10% untill they are going up at a rate of around 2-3lb a month.

Pop

7th Jan 10 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's great, thanks for the feedback. I'll do a bit more research and sort something out.
will_doyle
Banned

7th Jan 10 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by will_doyle
Pop

7th Jan 10 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

No thanks, got something else instead.
Wrighty

7th Jan 10 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ok cool. is it better with milk or water?

er milk imo, try both and youl see what you like but remember theres extra calories in milk

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » My Diet 23 database queries in 0.0141230 seconds