corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » turbo-ing a c20ne, information required.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author turbo-ing a c20ne, information required.
metterz123

User status: Offline
8th Jan 10 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1st of all i want to turbo power my corsa. I have a garrett turbo from a saab 9000 2.3 and access to c20let pistons, is there a manifold that can hold this turbo.

2nd, what management will i need, such as megasquirt ect.

3rd, other than a turbo, manifold, pistons, management and pipes, is there anything else i need???
P1CK4D

8th Jan 10 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be in Help Zone really.
ed

8th Jan 10 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need the LET rods too because the pins are a different diameter to the ones on your NE. You can get a manifold for a T25 turbo from Ebay easily, you can also get intercoolers and universal piping kits which happen to have all the right bits to work on a C20NE turbo Corsa. You should probably have a go at using Megasquirt, the outcome will be much better than bodging it using standard management.

If you want to use the standard pistons then you can take 1/2mm from the top of the pistons and extend the valve cutout to the full diameter of the piston as per this drawing:

This will drop the compression ratio down to 8:1 which is what you ideally want so you can get the boost up to a decent level without melting things. If you don't take the 1/2mm off the top of the piston then you get something like 8.2:1. I wouldn't bother with a decompression plate, it's not the right way to do things.
DannyB
Premium Member

8th Jan 10 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wrong section pal.
metterz123

8th Jan 10 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ta guys, ive moved the post.

regarding eds post: what about let pistons good condition for cheap. better to use those or not??

Am i not in need of anything else other than what is stated??

also what megasquirt product/service am i looking for? im completely new to this management side of things...

cheers for the reply tho mate.

[Edited on 08-01-2010 by metterz123]
gazza808

9th Jan 10 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get on www.vaux-extreme.com

all about the 8v turbo, most are running squirt also

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » turbo-ing a c20ne, information required. 23 database queries in 0.0118918 seconds