corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance question wtf?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance question wtf?
FruitBooTeR

User status: Offline
9th Jan 10 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basicly i renewed my policy with Brentecre in December where I had 4 yncb..

I sold my car a few weeks back so asked them if I could put the policy on hold till i get new car but said no...so i cancelled it and requested proof of no claims so i can send that to next company when i get the vxr.

Just had a letter come and it says 1 ync???

Need to ring them monday but wtf? do they make you loose your ncb is you cancel?

Any idea whats going on before I ring them on monday?
Jake

9th Jan 10 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope. give them a ring probably a mistake
shibby

9th Jan 10 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that sounds abit odd mate, i know they can be abit shifty sometimes but thats not right!

might be a mistake
gavin18787
Premium Member

9th Jan 10 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can possibly loose one year if you dont complete the last one. But is definatly shouldnt be one. get on the phone on monday and I am sure they will sort it out

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
K3 VMU

9th Jan 10 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i lost 1 year, i should ve been on 5 september just past but its still at 4. very annoying indeed
P1CK4D

I would have thought because you cancelled your policy you would have lost what ever months you were with them for, but they should still continue your previous 4yncb. My policy ends in April, so I hope they send me proof of my no claims
x14xe sport

isurance companys shaft law abiding citizens from every angle as they no that if we dont want points and a hefty fine then they own us, probably getting back at yo for cancelling policy
FruitBooTeR

9th Jan 10 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
I would have thought because you cancelled your policy you would have lost what ever months you were with them for, but they should still continue your previous 4yncb. My policy ends in April, so I hope they send me proof of my no claims

Yeh I would of though I would loose from December onwards as thats when I renewed and when I had 4 years no claims.

The letter says - following your recent request for evidence of ncb we have pleasure in confirming that when the above policy was cancelled on the 5th january 010 the bonus position was as follows - Vehicle registration s436tdt, 1 years,

I would of only got 1 year using that car but in total i should have 4

I really hope they havent fucked me over as i wont be able to insure a vxr otherwise!
P1CK4D

9th Jan 10 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you could u2u me, or update this thread when you find out whats going to happen, as im with Brentacre at the moment and I actually NEED all the no claims bonuses ive earnt.
Jake

9th Jan 10 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually i just remembered. I had the exact same conversation with them ages ago. They told me i couldnt suspend my policy so i cancelled it, got a cheque through the post with a ncb certificate with the correct no-claims. Will definately be a mistake mate
FruitBooTeR

9th Jan 10 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope so! Cheers mate

An yeh ill update this on Monday
Rob B

9th Jan 10 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good guys Brentacre, mirrored my NCB so i have 4 years NCB on two seperate policies with them
big eck

9th Jan 10 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll only loose the 1 year if you havn't fully completed the full 12 months before cancelling.

You will deffo still be entitled to the previous 4 years tho.

They've just fuked up mate, give them a ring and let them know.
FruitBooTeR

11th Jan 10 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rang them 2 min ago and they said yes I do have 4, he is going to ring the insurance company now and get a new letter sent out...thought they were the ones who dealt with the insurance? but nvm...

Oh well least i still have my 4 years and can continue to look forward to getting a vxr
Sean-B

11th Jan 10 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet
Fro

11th Jan 10 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
Rang them 2 min ago and they said yes I do have 4, he is going to ring the insurance company now and get a new letter sent out...thought they were the ones who dealt with the insurance? but nvm...

Oh well least i still have my 4 years and can continue to look forward to getting a vxr

Na they're just the brokers. Top guys though always found them to be very helpful
chunk89

11th Jan 10 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this on my paper work from bell, but there was a section that was close to my name staten i had 2yrs ncb but under the car reg it stated one,might be worth re-looking over it mate

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance question wtf? 23 database queries in 0.5023909 seconds