corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bonus Accelerators

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bonus Accelerators
Wrighty_1988

User status: Offline
10th Jan 10 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a quick question now because their office is closed because its sunday.

During my 3-4 years driving i have now built up my 4th no year no claims. But i have been driving for less than 4 years. Ive found the cheapest insurance to be aviva, but i have to put ive driven for 4 years because they will not accept 3 years driving and 4 years no claims. How do you think this will go down when i phone them?. Its much cheaper than my nearest cheapest quote with admiral. Thanks alot
Wrighty_1988

10th Jan 10 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get my 4 years driving in march also

Ive just clicked the information on the how long have you had a licence bit and it says

How long have you held a licence?
Please indicate how long you have held a valid UK or European Union driving licence (starting from when you were issued with a provisional licence).

It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a valid licence to drive in the UK and that you drive within the terms of that licence. Failure to do so could invalidate this insurance.

You must be able to provide a copy of your driving licence documents if required. Upon our request, you will be asked to provide a photocopy of both your photo card licence and paper counterpart licence.

Think ill be okay with putting 4 years because it says start from when i got my provisional ?

[Edited on 10-01-2010 by Wrighty_1988]
BLine_Sport

10th Jan 10 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you should be ok jus asked r lasses mam she works for em says best bet is to call them and get it sorted over phone then they cant say anthing
Rich H

10th Jan 10 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've found out to my expense this year that very few companies outside the Admiral group (ie Bell, Admiral & Elephant) will recognise Bonus Accelerators as proper NCB's

I managed to get Greenlight to note me down as having 4 years driving experience but only 3 years NCB in the end, even though technically I've got 4 years NCB, but the the 4th year was a Bonus Accelerator one (as I wanted to sell the car so opted for a shorter policy)

So what I'm trying to say is don't be entirely surprised if Aviva won't honour it.
John

10th Jan 10 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never had a problem with bonus accelerators, any company I've dealt with has been happy with the renewal stating no claims entitlement.

Apart from a situation like this there's not really any way they can tell how you accrued the NCB.
Wrighty_1988

10th Jan 10 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah right. Ill just have to note down the quote number and give them a ring tomorrow. Hopefully they will honour the bonus accelerators because the insurance is 629 annual as opposed to 975 with admiral. Thanks guys
pow
Premium Member

10th Jan 10 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used a bonus accelorator to get my NCB back up a bit quicker post my accident. Never been any problems with any company recognising it!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bonus Accelerators 22 database queries in 0.0081670 seconds