corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snowboarding Photos 2010

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Snowboarding Photos 2010
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Jan 10 at 10:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got back on Sunday from 10 days in the Mountains with my kid sister who lives over there.

Went down on the snow train from St. Pancras to Moutiers then up by coach to the resort - went First class because it was only £20 and you got loads of freebies including dinner and breakfast and all drinks - I had a full bottle of wine to myself - that helped me sleep!

Dinner on the train - for Travel Food I give it 9/10 - definately better than airline food.

Anyway Snow photos

Sister's BF

Sister and Dad

Me

Sister

and I'd love this job

Tomnova16
Premium Member

14th Jan 10 at 11:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i might have to investigate this snow train, seems like a good idea

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Aaron

14th Jan 10 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OOOOOOOOOO...i'm going a week on Friday Brand new board and bindings for this year too

Pics look ace BTW
ashleh

14th Jan 10 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I came back last Saturday from Bulgaria, was quite disappointed by the amount of snow but still had an awesome time!
Aaron

14th Jan 10 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ashleh
I came back last Saturday from Bulgaria, was quite disappointed by the amount of snow but still had an awesome time!

Which of the 3 resorts did you go to?

I've been to Pampovoro once (or however you spell it)
ashleh

14th Jan 10 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to Borovets, I still managed to snowboard but it was more icy than anything. I'll get a couple pictures up later on.
Graeme
Premium Member

14th Jan 10 at 14:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that Meribel u stayed in?

I looked into getting teh train to Bourg but was more than the plane for me.

There is alot of snow in most of the resorts a bit earlier this year which is good.

Snowed all day here yesterday in Tignes and ment to get more tonight.

The slopes look absolutly dead there aswell, was there many areas of powder there?

went off piste today and my legs are killing, couldnt last the whole day.
RichR
Premium Member

14th Jan 10 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quietest I've ever seen the slopes; I guess because tis the first week back at work for most of Europe so no one books holidays then- its Les Menuires, which is the central resort in the three valleys; Val Thorens is just above it; Saint Martin de Belleville and Meribel are below it.

The train can be really cheap but you have to book as far in advance as possible. We were meant to be coming back with Mum and Dad but his oil pump looked to have packed up on the morning he was elaving so they went in Mum's Hyundai Coupe; no room for luggage and me and the missus so we came back on the train which we booked with only 2 weeks to go - it cost £191 each to get back - I was even more gutted when the guy next to us left his ticket on the table when he got off and he only paid £86.50 for the same seat!
RichR
Premium Member

14th Jan 10 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loads of powder, it snowed for the first 5 days so every day was a powder day and with Nicci being over there, she new the best places to head
Welsh Dan

14th Jan 10 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just got back from snowboarding in 3 Valleys too on Monday. Spent most of the time around Courchevel 1850, but stayed in La Tania. Was a good week and had loads of snow.

[Edited on 14-01-2010 by Welsh Dan]
Tomnova16
Premium Member

14th Jan 10 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just went on the val thorens web cam and the place is very dead. wish i was back there now

R Lee

14th Jan 10 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really want to learn how to ski and snowboard
Is it expensive in general?
Obviously buying/renting all the gear then the cost of the trip, right?

Tomnova16
Premium Member

14th Jan 10 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can do it for around £500 if you take pack lunches during the day and cook your own food at night. tk max is the best place for designer ski wear all the top items just last seasons so very cheap, id say hire the boots first time round then if you enjoy it buy a pair of boots will save you in the long run plus if your feet aren't hurting you can concentrate on skiing

Welsh Dan

14th Jan 10 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ski/snowboard hire isn't too bad. I paid £90 for three days lessons, and a bit less to hire snowboard/boots for a week. You can hire stuff in the UK for less (about £50 i've heard for 10 days), but depending on how you are travelling, it may cost you extra as it is extra luggage.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snowboarding Photos 2010 23 database queries in 0.0278330 seconds