corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dilema...WHERE DO I STAND? UPDATE :17/01/2010

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dilema...WHERE DO I STAND? UPDATE :17/01/2010
MarkSport

User status: Offline
15th Jan 10 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi All

Right i need some advice.

I bought my mg zs on the 11th from 144 mile away (rainham essex) .The car is one owner from new but he traded it into a garage.I went to the garage to collect it and my dad jotted down the previous owners name on some paper for our reference.being a garage i didnt really trust them but still went ahead and bought the car.I contacted the other guy and he was really pleasent and told me everything i needed to know about the car.he advised me he had more documentation to the car at his house which he will send on to me.he also said there was 2 keys (i only got one)

Just phoned the garage up and he was giving me abuse saying i had no right to contact the previous owner and shouting down the phone basically telling me to fuck off as the car was cheap.

I stated i was happy with the car and just wanted the spare key (as anyone would) and he was like you aint getting it,i also asked him if he had sent the logbook off which he replied "you took it with you?" I didnt,i left it there when i filled it out.

Now i've been u2uing mr fro drizzle off here who has been very helpfull saying he could go round and try and get the key etc for me.but im now wondering if its worth getting the other key?

i still got the previous owners details and contact number.is it worth contacting him?

[Edited on 17-01-2010 by MarkSport]
am4nf

15th Jan 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you would be stupid not too, someone has another key to your car!
lee_dodd

15th Jan 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you keep the green slip from the log book?

the guy at the garage sounds like a complete nob, dont see what you did wrong really

i would forget the other key as it sounds like you will get no sense out of them

[Edited on 15-01-2010 by lee_dodd]
GF-91
Banned

15th Jan 10 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd change the locks and stuff tbh if it's too much bother to get the other key.
MarkSport

15th Jan 10 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee_dodd
did you keep the green slip from the log book?

the guy at the garage sounds like a complete nob, dont see what you did wrong really

i would forget the other key as it sounds like you will get no sense out of them

[Edited on 15-01-2010 by lee_dodd]

yeah got the green slip mate,and all the documents etc for the car.got my train tickets aswell so it proves i went over to collect it if anything happens.
am4nf

15th Jan 10 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck that, phone the police, tell them who has the other key and what they said about not giving you it
johnhara1

15th Jan 10 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like the guy at the garage was having a bad day.

Phone him back and plitely ask if he could send you the spare key.

If he doesn't co-operate, phone 5-0 and get them to go round.
Fro

15th Jan 10 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully go down there tomorrow and see what's up. If you can u2u me the actual road they were on it would be a bigger help as there are a few around there.

If i dont log in again he's burried me
Daimo B

15th Jan 10 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GaryF
I'd change the locks and stuff tbh if it's too much bother to get the other key.

Aye becuase replacing the barrel, which means stripping all that area down. Also removing doorcards, lining, and removing door handles and locks, and replacing those, is SO much simpler and cheaper....

Not owned many cars then

Sounds like the garage owner is sounding a little suss. Ask for the key, and if he gets sh1tty then play the trading standards and local newspaper card.
GF-91
Banned

15th Jan 10 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

Aye becuase replacing the barrel, which means stripping all that area down. Also removing doorcards, lining, and removing door handles and locks, and replacing those, is SO much simpler and cheaper....

Not owned many cars then

Sounds like the garage owner is sounding a little suss. Ask for the key, and if he gets sh1tty then play the trading standards and local newspaper card.

Like I said, If it's too much bother...
Daimo B

15th Jan 10 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few phone calls, maybe a few letters, and maybe another vist down there, will still be vastly less work than replacing all the locks, and also a lot cheaper.

Like I say, not owned many cars or done much work on them
GF-91
Banned

15th Jan 10 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
A few phone calls, maybe a few letters, and maybe another vist down there, will still be vastly less work than replacing all the locks, and also a lot cheaper.

Like I say, not owned many cars or done much work on them

No I haven't. I was only saying. Won't say anything next time due to the fact it might be right but it might not be suitable for this situation...
Tomnova16
Premium Member

15th Jan 10 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

name and shame

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
MarkSport

15th Jan 10 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
Hopefully go down there tomorrow and see what's up. If you can u2u me the actual road they were on it would be a bigger help as there are a few around there.

If i dont log in again he's burried me

cheers mate,will be a big help if you can.I phoned the original owner and left a voicemail so will get back with what he said
Brett
Premium Member

15th Jan 10 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please tell me you took the new keeper slip
MarkSport

15th Jan 10 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i took that and all the documents.made sure of that
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

15th Jan 10 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd give him 1 more chance to send the key. if he refuses then get the police involed
Tiger

15th Jan 10 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
i'd give him 1 more chance to send the key. if he refuses then get the police involed

Dictaphone in your pocket when you turn up there too in case he gets lairy
ShEp

15th Jan 10 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd send the garage dog shit in an envelope
Root

15th Jan 10 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
I'd send the garage dog shit in an envelope
MarkSport

15th Jan 10 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers shep and root,the garage didnt seem clean as it was so they prob wouldnt notice it.I will get police involved if he doesnt want to help.
NovalutionGSi

15th Jan 10 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

Not owned many cars then

Not only that, as its a ZS it has remote Central locking (well it should have!), Granted its only 2 door locks but you will need the remotes reprogramming to a different code and that aint Cheap, we're talking about 1k not cheap....Get the 2nd Key and away you go!
Colin

15th Jan 10 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why wouldnt they give you it
MarkSport

16th Jan 10 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he said he only had one colin but when i phoned the previous owner to get abit of background info he told me different.the previous owner had to be about 60 at least so i know hes a genuine guy.the fact the guy on the phone told me to fuck off made me irate wanting to get the next train down to go get it
taylorboosh

16th Jan 10 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe he lost the second 1, cant see why it wouldnt be of use to him, a garage would steal a car they had previously sold, an mg isnt worth the risk imo

[Edited on 16-01-2010 by john-d]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dilema...WHERE DO I STAND? UPDATE :17/01/2010 23 database queries in 0.3598239 seconds