corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.6 performance?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.6 performance?
Cybermonkey

User status: Offline
8th Mar 03 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whilst driving today i realised that performance seems to be down a fair bit, feels sluggish all through the rev range and all gears. Doesnt want to be revved at all. I think an oil and filter change will do it good. Is anyone else experiencing this with their 16v? Also i was braking fairly hard from 100mph and was coming up to a round-about, applied the brakes more and more but was getting SERIOUS fading. I only just stopped, what was the whine i could hear when braking this hard? Brake fluid boiling?

Dave
corsa120

8th Mar 03 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whe ur car dont stop usually means ur brake pads are shagged m8 obviously if ur pads are fine check disc's and blleed the system, may be warped discs that are sqeeling
Cybermonkey

8th Mar 03 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no they werent squeeling, it was a whine like the star trek enterprise going warp 9. Sounded cool actually. So not warped, new pads 3 months ago so its not pads. Probably just too much stress on the whole system

Dave
Marc

8th Mar 03 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure u use decent fuel ie not supermarkets, was ur car cold? + ur brakes wont work there best when applied from almost flat out!

New Poll