corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x16xe icv

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe icv
corsa_gaz17

User status: Offline
17th Jan 10 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all,
ive recently changed the icv on my 1.6sport, i have a dbilas manifold so its moved to top of engine.everything went back together fine and the valve itself was put on correctly,with the rubber seal all present and correct.
but now when ever i start it,the revs shoot to 3k and stay there for bowt 10-15seconds and then it cuts out.

any thoughts??

cheers gaz
Linch

17th Jan 10 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Air leak?
corsa_gaz17

17th Jan 10 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will check 2morrow, the eml does come on so will do paper test but not to sure how to record the code??
corsa_gaz17

18th Jan 10 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have just done the paperclip test and got the code 0412..have looked it up and got this- Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve A Circuit Malfunction

any ideas?
corsa_gaz17

19th Jan 10 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been trying to sort the corsa out this mornin, start it up and it revs straight to 3/3.5k and sticks, if i touch the throttle it shoots up and stays at that point....fcukin puzzling
shauny bizzle

19th Jan 10 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds likke air leak still mate, disconnect the SAI pump see if u have any oy there but i doubt it but try taking everything off ie the powerbox and seal every gasket with a touch of sealant, and heck the inlet manifold i have a similar issue to find out my manifold had a hairline crack seems like its drawing air in somehwere and the ICV cant control it or u need to reset the ICV as it might be wound all the way out

New Poll