corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Phone Recycling- Different Question/Advice?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Phone Recycling- Different Question/Advice?
Jill
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   18th Jan 10 at 11:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure if the right place to post this but know the people who do pop in here are quite good at giving advice.

My friend got one of those online quote for recycling two of his phones and was happy with the price so sent them both off. Two weeks later he received a cheque for £25 less than what he was quoted and the letter sent with the cheque claimed the phone had water damage. BUT when he sent them off they were both in fine order. So he phoned them up and was told if he wanted the phones back he would have to pay £15 so he wrote them a covering letter with a cheque and now three weeks on he hasn't got the phones back.

Where does he stand with this and what can he do ie: take it further etc and if so who does he have to involve? The company is called Greener Tomorrow Ltd and also trades as Sell Old Phones. I have googled them and seems they are in the habit of short changing people using similar excuses. I just wish he had googled them before and then would know they are complete cowboys!

Any help/advice/info would be great and then I can cut and paste this link to him. Thanks in advance.

JILL
Rob R

18th Jan 10 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has the cheque he sent been cashed and debited from his account? If it has and they've acknowleged receipt of it then I'd get them to check with the postal service of it's where abouts. I can only assume if lost in transit that the company would have to return him his £15 and cost of the handset?
Ludacris Turbo

18th Jan 10 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same thing happened to my sister when she sent an old phone to them! Claimed water damage and gave her less money!
Ste M

18th Jan 10 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why use companies no one has every heard of? I sent one of my old mobiles to Mazuma, and I got my cheque within 48 hours.

Try asking your local Citizens Advice, they may suggest getting in touch with Trading Standards. Also read any small print drivel they have on their website and see what their policy is on sending damaged phones.
Jill
Premium Member

18th Jan 10 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve_
Why use companies no one has every heard of? I sent one of my old mobiles to Mazuma, and I got my cheque within 48 hours.

Try asking your local Citizens Advice, they may suggest getting in touch with Trading Standards. Also read any small print drivel they have on their website and see what their policy is on sending damaged phones.

Yeah I know, I told he should have done his research! Greedy bugger just went for the site that offered the most money!

The cheque hasn't been cashed, I told him to check this. He's wrote them an email asking about the situation etc.

Thanks for your help so far guys. I will tell him to read the small print blurb and also get him to contact CA asap. Thanks again.

JILL

New Poll