corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Debt trouble?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Debt trouble?
Root

User status: Offline
18th Jan 10 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I posted on here that I had debt problems a while ago and got some very helpful advice and some not so helpful advice. A few members suggested me and my partner should definitely move back home with our parents, which we're doing at the end of the month. Anyway, in conversation, I told my landlord the reason we're leaving is we are in debt problems. He reccommended I go to a website online, it's called CCCS and it's a free, charity organisation, you enter your income and all outgoings, realistically, like, food, haircuts, clothes & shoes, so basically there's nothing you won't not enter in the website so they know exactly how much you can afford to pay. Then say if you have £125 owed to this creditor, they will contact the creditor and tell them "they have set up an arrangement and they agree to pay you...." something very silly, like £10 a month.

Anyway, I've just registered and I've got a booklet that I can look at telling me how much i pay each month, they're really helpful, I just thought if anyone else has money troubles (I know doyle is £500 in debt lol), maybe they should try this organisation. Like I said, they're charity, so it's all free. And quite frankly, I feel awesome now as I can finally get some help. A massive weight has been lifted and I feel much better. Not payed it off yet but it's a really big step in the right direction for us.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

18th Jan 10 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

knew doyles name would get in there
glad to hear you are sorting things out though, i dont know much about this but just make sure you have read everything over and over (sure you have) so you dont get stung in the end.
Oh and living at home ftw

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
ajscorsa

18th Jan 10 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

parents are with the same people.

It also doesnt affect your credit rating. and most creditors will stop interest also. It can really help people with alot of debt get back on their feet again.
lostboy
Banned

18th Jan 10 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome, spot on mate.
Root

18th Jan 10 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, doyle's name had to be mentioned, he's a legend He'll be out of debt sooner than me though, what with his new businesses I keep hearing so much about.

Anyway, they seem really helpful and I'm superbly happy, they're free and very helpful. We've considered many other drastic things like overdraft, loan, bankrupty, to get out this pickle but this one seems the best, by far.

Yer, can't wait to have a full-time job and live at home, once we've paid off all debts, I can lavish my car with monies
Root

18th Jan 10 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It just puts it all in perspective, some people might think "come on, it's simple stuff here, to pay only what you can afford and contact these people about it" etc. But, seriously, once you're in this situation, it's extremely stressful, I feel awesome now.

The assessment said we have £396 remaining after our priority payments, such as food, clothing, rent etc, and we are only contracted to pay the creditors a minimum of £209 per month. Even on that basis, we can be out of debt in 11 months. But no way will I only pay £209 when we can afford more, I want this debt gone so I can enjoy life again.

Pablo

18th Jan 10 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just dont spend money you dont have ?
Half Pint

18th Jan 10 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pablo

with all the available credit available and the attitude of 'must have, pay later' its always a sticky one, i have to admit i'll take my hat off to you as you are trying to actually pay the debt back where there are loads out there that will purposely get in debt and go bankrupt....

i was sent a quote today.....

"I know an immigrant who came to this country with nothing in his pocket. After 10 years of hard work and application he now owes $978,000."

kind of puts i into perspective.....
Root

18th Jan 10 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Sorry mate, but when you've moved into a house that costs £575 in rent alone per calendar month, then you lose your job, it's very easy to get behind with bills, especially when you don't know you can move out before the end of the contacted agreement...

That's how it all started, and who cares how it started, people get in debt and it's not 'cause they spend money on really big tv's and fancy new cars that they can't afford because me and my missus, we don't have any of that stuff.
Root

18th Jan 10 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, I'm definitely trying to pay it back, I don't need to be blacklisted for 6 years as eventually I'm gonna want a mortgage and such stuff. Cba with not paying it back
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

18th Jan 10 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

arnt you basically declairing yourself bankrupt with these agencies though?
Root

18th Jan 10 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
arnt you basically declairing yourself bankrupt with these agencies though?

No? After assessing all incomes and outgoings that are priority, such as eating and place to live...we are contracted to pay £209 to keep them all happy per month, that's a minimum payment every month, that's us paying off the debts to 8 creditors. But we're going to pay more than £209 per month cus i want the debt gone. We're not declaring bankruptcy, what makes you think that?
Half Pint

18th Jan 10 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what gets me is that some creditors won't sign up to those tye of agreements as theydon't get their proit which usually means the people have to go bankrupt as they've no alternative so the creditors usually get fuck all
Root

18th Jan 10 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint
what gets me is that some creditors won't sign up to those tye of agreements as theydon't get their proit which usually means the people have to go bankrupt as they've no alternative so the creditors usually get fuck all

lol, well they can agree to us paying them back how much we can afford to...else they can get fucked to be honest. We can't pay them what we do not have, obviously, once the smaller bills are payed off, we can pay more to the companies where we owe more money if we wanted
Pablo

18th Jan 10 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes I understand there are many situatuions and not everyone signs up to card after card to get stuff they dont need.

I just get fustrated with allot of people that live off everyone else spend money they dont have and then manage to get out of paying it back.
Root

18th Jan 10 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yes I understand there are many situatuions and not everyone signs up to card after card to get stuff they dont need.

I just get fustrated with allot of people that live off everyone else spend money they dont have and then manage to get out of paying it back.

I just thought your first post was a bit rude tbh, but now I understand what you mean and I agree with you totally.But we're paying it back properly now so they can stop adding on interest and charges etc and soon we'll be sorted, then I can think about repairing the piece of shit by the roadside I call a car.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

18th Jan 10 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just thought thats how it worked tbh

now i know better
Root

18th Jan 10 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
i just thought thats how it worked tbh

now i know better

nah, CCCS are a free, charity-based organisation that just help you realise your incomings and outgoings and how much you should be paying each creditor per month, at least. You tell them how much you are in debt, and to what companies then they tell you what you should be paying per month, according to your finances.
John

18th Jan 10 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not do the same with a pencil and a bit of paper?
Root

18th Jan 10 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Can you not do the same with a pencil and a bit of paper?

coarse you can, but when you're in this situation, lots of people tend to ignore the agencies, especially when they think they can't afford it and it adds a LOT of stress, so when you think about it, you get depressed, so you choose not to think about it.

I think this company also offer things like telling the companies to get off your back and that you are paying them, other advice around money problems etc. But i'm happy knowing we can afford to get out of debt
Colin

18th Jan 10 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope it all works out

Ive got a £2500 credit card bill hanging over me atm....thats about it. Should have it paid off by around April/May.

Then im going to cut it up
Root

18th Jan 10 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Hope it all works out

Ive got a £2500 credit card bill hanging over me atm....thats about it. Should have it paid off by around April/May.

Then im going to cut it up

haha, I reckon when we get out of debt, we'll be having a party, not too big though, don't wanna get back in debt, loool. and maybe a holiday, I havn't had a holiday now for many many years.
Colin

18th Jan 10 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines on a 0% finance crd anyway so its not officially 'debt' until June when that runs out

I generally dont take credit unless its on 0% with exception of a mortgage & sometimes a bit of car finance so long as its a lesser % of the car than bought up front.

Cole

18th Jan 10 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done root glad to see you took our advice just make sure you dont get back into the same situation learn your lesson nice one mate
GF-91
Banned

18th Jan 10 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good on yer!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Debt trouble? 23 database queries in 0.1789782 seconds