corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » dash lights dim

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dash lights dim
Sammii

User status: Offline
18th Jan 10 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa sport x16xe

The dash lights and centre screen are fine and really bright when the headlights are off,but when turning the headlights on they dim quite alot, now i know most cars dim a bit, but this is alot, have to squint to see the speedo etc, any ideas why its dimming so much?

cheers
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

18th Jan 10 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can adjust the brightness
Daveskater
Premium Member

18th Jan 10 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine goes quite a bit dimmer when you put the lights on so it's probably normal tbh Not so much that you have to squint though. Try turning the "knurled knob" to the right and see if it gets brighter. If it doesn't move then it's already at full brightness. It's quite easy to knock it by accident I find

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Sammii

18th Jan 10 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i posted the thread and it came up with related topics underneath and in them i found the answer, hidden little knob i didnt know about lol, cheers though Dave
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

18th Jan 10 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no problem
Sammii

18th Jan 10 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
no problem

well telling me i can adjust it without telling me how is well helpful lol, but cheers
N3CRO

18th Jan 10 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ya lucky you can adjust them. You can't in mine
JaffaTB

18th Jan 10 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i modified my switch so its always on full now, no more dimming by itself anymore!
8vcorsa

19th Jan 10 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JaffaTB
i modified my switch so its always on full now, no more dimming by itself anymore!
i want to do that because mine does dim and i like it on full
JaffaTB

19th Jan 10 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its easy, just take your switch out, take it apart, remove the white dimmer strip, remove the metal slider from the back of the wheel knob thing, then you should see a thin copper bit that the white slider used to connect to, just bend that up so it touches the top part permanantly

New Poll