corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Goodbye Cadbury

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Goodbye Cadbury
will_doyle
Banned

User status: Offline
19th Jan 10 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8467007.stm

I'm thinking half the range will be cut, every bar made smaller, and Mac & Cheese flavour chocolate will be a new line.
RichR
Premium Member

19th Jan 10 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest, I don't think you'll see much of a change at all
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Jan 10 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Goodbye? they've been sold not gone into administration.
Root

19th Jan 10 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think dime bars, or as they're now called, Daim bars, are still very tasty and they're made by Kraft. Besides, if they're smart, they won't fuck up a company they have just bought, they bought it because it's proven that it makes a lot of money selling the products it's selling now...so hopefully they won't make any changes and will just keep stuff going as it is.
sc0ott

19th Jan 10 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope, i dont think you will either. i wouldnt buy a company for billions and then cut the amount of products
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

19th Jan 10 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont change at all
gtitim

19th Jan 10 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would a major food investment company want to remove popular lines for the country's best known confectionary brand?

[rant mode on]

You clearly are a troll and an attention whore, given the amount of shite and pointless links you make.

Call it a personal attack, i don't care. All i read on here is you posting shite and people pulling you to pieces, yet you don't take the hint. Grow up.

[rant mode off]
Neo

19th Jan 10 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fact it was 10.2 Billion must mean that there is a lot of profit to be made !
Tommy

19th Jan 10 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
Why would a major food investment company want to remove popular lines for the country's best known confectionary brand?

[rant mode on]

You clearly are a troll and an attention whore, given the amount of shite and pointless links you make.

Call it a personal attack, i don't care. All i read on here is you posting shite and people pulling you to pieces, yet you don't take the hint. Grow up.

[rant mode off]

OOOOOooohhhh
Joe

19th Jan 10 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope it still tastes the same, Cadburys is the only chocolate I really like. If it tastes the same I'm fine with it. Its a fucking lot of money though!
DaveyLC

19th Jan 10 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cadbury, the biggest bunch of hypocrites going. And their chocolate tastes like wank.

[Edited on 19-01-2010 by DaveyLC]
pow
Premium Member

19th Jan 10 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take that back Mr LC
Tomnova16
Premium Member

19th Jan 10 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so long as they keep making wispas and crunchies i dont really care

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Nath

19th Jan 10 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
i dont really care

seconded
Ben G

19th Jan 10 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
i dont really care

seconded

Thirded. Only fat people worry.
James

19th Jan 10 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's a sign of the times, Cadbury has a huge amount of history behind it and it's a shame to see it taken over by a fairly faceless US giant.

I would imagine that Kraft will keep the brand itself as it's somewhat of an icon in the UK in particular.

Having said that, from my knowledge of the takeover right from back when it began a few months ago, it seems like a good offer. I'd imagine it will be a good time to buy some shares.

[Edited on 19-01-2010 by James]
RichR
Premium Member

19th Jan 10 at 13:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh, I see Kraft trying to push the business forwards - they're barely heard of outside of the UK - not with the likes of Milka on the continent or Mars/ Galaxy in the States
Nath

19th Jan 10 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a Cadbury chocolate from a vending machine in Switzerland and the locals mocked me and said they'd be waiting for me to throw up I guess they aren't fans.
whitter45

19th Jan 10 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work closely with cadburys and from what I have been told there will be no change from a public perspective just internally how they do business

think the orginal issues are that the funding for such a take over was provided by RBs who was bailed out of the bank collapse last year - so the government help a bank who then provide a means of taking over a British instutution

[Edited on 19-01-2010 by whitter45]

[Edited on 19-01-2010 by whitter45]
whitter45

19th Jan 10 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also cadburys are involved in major brands now like trebor bassett, drinks, chewing gum etc etc
Cosmo

19th Jan 10 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
I think it's a sign of the times, Cadbury has a huge amount of history behind it and it's a shame to see it taken over by a fairly faceless US giant.

I would imagine that Kraft will keep the brand itself as it's somewhat of an icon in the UK in particular.

Having said that, from my knowledge of the takeover right from back when it began a few months ago, it seems like a good offer. I'd imagine it will be a good time to buy some shares.

Cadbury has been largely US owned (and even larger foreign owned) for years now, so not much is changing there.
Budgie

19th Jan 10 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
so long as they keep making wispas and crunchies i dont really care

well you're half right.
Wispas
Crunchies :bleugh:
Robbo

19th Jan 10 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what cosmo said + the staff get to keep their jobs now
DaveyLC

19th Jan 10 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I bought a Cadbury chocolate from a vending machine in Switzerland and the locals mocked me and said they'd be waiting for me to throw up I guess they aren't fans.

The Swiss make proper chocolate, they actually put some cocoa in theirs
Cosmo

19th Jan 10 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh these guys will be able to make massive savings now and make a huge amount of money on this deal. They'll already be using similar suppliers for the raw ingredients, so they'll get much bigger discounts for buying in much bigger quantities, I expect they can slash management and admin costs by bringing the two together and getting rid of a big amount of the work force, and I also expect they can merge the marketing budgets and come up with a massive saving there whilst pushing both brands.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Goodbye Cadbury 23 database queries in 0.0160799 seconds