corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » temperature problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author temperature problem
Root

User status: Offline
27th Jan 10 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

topped up with water the other day, it was dark so im unsure how much i put in, maybe too much.

Anyway today driving along and notice it's over 100 degrees. Pulled over immediately and took the filler cap off which de-pressurised it and sent it back down to 90.

What happened, why didn't my fan come on? and should I be worried about my HG?
Generation

27th Jan 10 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No sound slike just an airlock, if you have no symptons its a headgasket apart form that I am sure your fine
barneykarl

27th Jan 10 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check your fan switch in the rad, link the wires and see if the fan motor comes on , also as its still very cold you should have topped up with antifreeze or premixed antifreeze, might just be air in the system but you must ensure the fan is ok, what engine is this, if the fan is ok and you have no air then you will have to think about stat, waterpump, head gasket, expansion cap etc etc.
Root

27th Jan 10 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.2 8v...usually indestructable

New Poll