corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » audi a4 2.8 quattro dual mass fly wheel

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author audi a4 2.8 quattro dual mass fly wheel
taylor2008

User status: Offline
28th Jan 10 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its along shot i noe, but can any body help me on the above please ive bein offerd a cheep audi a4 2.8 quattro on a R plate,but bein told it need's a new dual mass fly wheel??? but i carnt under stand why? do these collapse or wear ect, i bein quote'd £450 for one, can you get them cheeper, anybody noe of were abouts? allso it needs a clutch and heater matrix those arnt reli a problem its just the fly wheel im confused about

thanks taylor
carnuts

28th Jan 10 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they do wear when you see one its almost like the flywheel has 2 plates one moves ever so slightly when new when the clutch is pressed

on and old one i have heard them rattle aswell as when you take it out they move far too much you will notice when you see new to old flywheel and yes they arent cheap either

also i done a gearbox on a 2.8 twin turbo auto though take the front of the car off easy enough to do if it looks like you need to get engine out wasnt the nicest job it being turbo made everything very tight to get to

[Edited on 28-01-2010 by carnuts]
taylor2008

28th Jan 10 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mistake mate its the audi a6 not the a4

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » audi a4 2.8 quattro dual mass fly wheel 22 database queries in 0.0081499 seconds